"Yes?" She asked innocently.

Remember, this is a young child, probably 9, you can't be harsh.

"Hello." I crouched down to her level and balanced myself on my knees. "May I speak with your parents?" I said quite monotone.

Her head tilted down and she grasped her bunny harder. "They're not here... They're... D-dead..." Her teeth were clenched together as she failed to keep in her tears. As she cried I put my right hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry about that." I gave her a second to catch her breath. "So," I began again, "I need to ask you to do something for me."

"W-what is it? And how can I know I can trust you?" She said looking back up at me while taking a small step back so my hand wasn't on her shoulder anymore.

"I need a place to stay just for tonight, just so I can get some rest." I replied.

"You didn't answer my second question.."

"I'm apart on the survey corps. Listen, I've been saving humanity's butt for years now. You can trust me."

"You obviously didn't save my mommy and daddy..." She muttered under her breath.

"Hey, so are you gonna let me in or not?" I asked.

If she doesn't, I can literally just let myself in.. Little brat.. But at the same time I feel kind of bad..

"Sure, come in." She backed away, leaving room for me to walk in. I went back to my horse and tied him up against a tree branch then walked inside the tattered house.

The inside was surprisingly nice considering the outside. The dark brown floor boards weren't completely side to side, leaving thin cracks in between them. There was a small black furnace in the back left corner, making the room bright and warm. An old, round table was to the left of it, which included 3 seats. A wooden bucket sat on the center of the table. Even more to the left was a china cabinet. In the back right of the room was a twin sized bed with an old quilt on it. Against the wall, at the foot of the bed was a dresser with three drawers.

"So, what's your name?" I asked after looking at the small house for a moment.

"Lydia. Lydia Jones. ... You?" She responded.

"Call me Levi."

"Ok, Levi. You can sleep in my bed." She said as she walked over to the table.

"No, it's fine, I can sleep on the floor. I don't mind." I said as I followed her to the table.

She sat down at a chair, so I did too. There was already a few teacups on the table. She picked up the bucket and poured water out of it. She handed the cup to me.

"Thanks. Do you have to go to the well and get this yourself?"

"Yeah, every day."

I took a sip of the cold water. As I drank, she stared at me.

"What?" I said, slightly annoyed like my normal self after I finished my sip.

She didn't respond. She got up and took a few steps toward me.

What is she doing?

She put her small hand against my forehead. She then pressed it against my cheek.
"I knew you didn't look good, you're burning up and you're extremely pale! You should finish your water and get to bed before you get worse." She told me.

I was surprised by her words. Even though she was so young, she was so caring.
Her mom raised her well.

"And you are going to sleep in my bed. You need it more than me." Lydia said while she got up and walked over to the dresser. She pulled out the bottom drawer and took out a blanket. She placed it on the floor and lightly tossed her stuffed bunny on top of it.

"I can take your jacket." She said while I got up from my seat. I took off my blazer and handed it to her.

"Thank you."

She folded it up and placed it on top of the dresser. I took off my shoes next to the bed and climbed under the covers. I sighed and shut my eyes.
My eyes shot open again moments later to the feeling of something damp and cold on my forehead. My eyes focused to see Lydia placing a wet cloth on my feverish forehead.

"Sorry, would you like me to take it off?" She asked as she took her hands away from the fabric.

"No, it's fine.." I paused. "Thank you, for taking care of me and letting me sleep here." I said appreciatively.
I felt different talking to a young child. I didn't feel the urge to constantly yell all the time.

"It's my pleasure. It's nice to have some company around.." She responded quietly and gently. I silently sighed but stopped as Lydia unexpectedly placed her left hand on my left cheek and kissed the part of my forehead where the cloth wasn't covering. My eyes widened just a bit.
"Goodnight.." She whispered and she left to sleep on her spot on the floor.

This poor child just wants some company... Maybe I can find her a home. I thought to myself, having sympathy for first time ever. My eyes were now shut, leading me to sleep.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My eyes slowly opened as the sun weakly shone on my face. It was slightly cloudy, but not too bad. The cloth was still on my forehead. I took it off and sat up then felt where it once laid. My face was cooler and I was feeling better. I looked across the room to see Lydia placing some warm, toasted bread on a plate on the table. I slipped my shoes back on and got up. She heard me and turned around with a smile.

"You're up! I made some breakfast." She informed me happily.

"I can't stay long, so I need to take take it with me."

"Oh.. Ok." She replied, trying to stay happy but was not successful at hiding her disappointment.

"But I'll try to visit some time." I reassured her as I grabbed my blazer from the top of the dresser and put it on.
I walked over and handed her the cloth from my forehead and she exchanged it with a roll of bread. I took a bite.

"This is good. Thank you." I said stoically while bouncing the bread in my hand a bit. I approached the entrance of the house and opened the door, but paused before exiting. I turned around to face her.

"See you later." I said with a half smile. She noticed and a joyous grin spread across her lips. She nodded forcefully and I left.

Ok... Now I need to find Hanji.

I untied my horse and hopped on. The tracks from before were still slightly there but barely visible. I kept my eyes glued on them as my horse walked along.

After about 7 minuets of riding, the dirt trail stopped in front of an a staircase. It led to an underground "basement house"((A/N: sorry, I didn't know how else to describe it XD I hope you know what I mean)). The passageway was dark and black. At the end of the staircase was an old door with a large lock on it. A light dangled from the ceiling in front of the door.

This has to be it. If not I don't know where else to look for those idiots...

There I stood to the entrance of where Hanji was, and who knew what condition she was in.

HAHAHAH I thought this was going to be a short chapter but... Yeah stuff happens XD anyway, I hope you enjoyed! And I would LOVE to hear feedback! What do You think has happened to Hanji??
So I think I may reupdate old chapters now, like I mentioned in my authors note (last chapter) but idk. You guys might kill me if I don't update next chapter XD
Anyway, see you guys later ^3^