Dream a Dream of Me

Start from the beginning

"This is a lot more tame than my normal dreams," I noted, curling my hands against his chest in an effort to get warm, "It's still nice though."

"Is it?" There was a smile in his voice, and he shifted, muscles flexing as he carefully lowered us into the steaming water.

I hummed in agreement, his hold tightening on me when we finally got into the water. My hands and feet burned with the sudden change in temperature, but I was too distracted by the way water droplets glittered on his skin like stars to care.

~~~

"How are your feet?" She asked, glancing down as if she could see through my shoes to the soles of my feet.

"Itchy," I grimaced, resisting the urge to toss off my shoes and scratch at my feet till the feeling stopped. "I honestly can't remember how I got to bed last night. I was exhausted."

"You seemed it," Fia agreed, "Are you nervous?"

"About?" I pretended to have no idea what she was talking about, anxiety curling in my empty stomach.

"You're going to be claimed by one of them tomorrow." Fia stated, drawing twin grimaces from our brothers in front of us.

"So?" My attempt at not caring was quickly foiled by the blush that covered my face and neck.

"Maybe we should talk to Maina," Fia suggested, her grin growing wider with every word, "She could give you some pointers on how to handle a Dradan."

"Fia," I hissed, glaring at her, "Stop."

"I'm serious," She giggled, "Come on."

I dug my heels into the floor, but was no match for my sister. She tugged at my arm until I had no choice but to stumble after her. Heading straight towards the library and what could possibly be the most uncomfortable conversation of my life.

"Maina?" Fia called, pushing me into a chair and narrowing her eyes in warning before she slipped away, searching for the old female.

Groaning, I relaxed into the chair, accepting my fate. I had thought I'd have more time to get used to the idea of being with Knox, but Rasten was ruining things as usual. It didn't help that I had no idea what would happen tonight.

Based on what happened in my books, the claim usually happened directly after coupling. I wasn't sure if Knox would plan on doing that part of everything. Did I want him to? My dreams were a very sure sign of pointing towards yes, but what if the memories came crashing back in?

My hands began to tremble, fingers tapping against my thighs. This was all too soon. At least you're not being hunted by him in the garden, an unhelpful voice chimed. An annoying thought, but a very true one. I had some semblance of a choice here, more of one than most females got. Usually they were given to the highest bidder, at least I had a choice to which of the two males would have me.

"Maeve!" Maina clapped her hands together, beaming at me, "I'm so glad to hear you chose the right one!"

"The right one?" My sister and I shared a look, quickly deciding we didn't want to know which of the Dradans fell into that category. "Anyway, the ceremony is going to be tomorrow."

"Rasten really isn't wasting any time getting rid of you." Maina tapped her chin, "Though the time frame is probably being sped up after those boys showed up all bloody and smelling like your brothers..."

"Shit," Fia grumbled, "I hadn't even realized."

The dots connected and I let out a weary sigh, "What's done is done and they had it coming to them."