Chapter 146 - 150

Start from the beginning

Qiao Yue believed in Qiao Jing's ability, so she didn't hide the fact that she knew Sister Lin.

Qiao Jing looked at her with a frown and asked his assistant to ask Sister Lin about the situation.

In the meantime, Qiao Yue could only wait face to face with Qiao Jing.

"I heard that you are old friends with that Teacher Lin. How did you meet her?" Qiao Jing asked with a judgmental stare.

Qiao Yue chuckled. "Everyone has a past! You can check it out yourself."

Qiao Yue then added in her heart, "You can't find it anyway."

Qiao Jing's eyes darkened. After a moment, he answered with a smile, "Sure."

Qiao Jing's smile gave Qiao Yue the heebie-jeebies. Did her brother take the wrong medicine? What did he mean by "sure"? He's going to check it out himself?

Qiao Yue's hair stood on end at Qiao Jing's strange behavior. She wished that his assistant would come back soon with a reply.

Just as Qiao Yue was counting the seconds, Qiao Jing's assistant called.

Qiao Yue peeked at Qiao Jing's pale face and let out a long breath. She had finally passed.

After the call, Qiao Jing looked at Qiao Yue and said, "I'll send you there.

Qiao Yue quickly waved her hand. "No need, no need. Brother, you can let the driver send me. You've worked hard all day. I can go by myself."

"Are you afraid that I'll see something?" Qiao Jing asked.

Qiao Yue shook her head like a rattle. "How can that be? Brother, I'm just concerned that you've been working all day, and I don't want you to busy yourself with such a small matter."

To convince Qiao Jing, Qiao Yue tried her best to open her eyes wide so that Qiao Jing could see her sincerity.

_________________

Chapter 147: Coming of the Storm

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

After a long pause, Qiao Jing finally relented and agreed to let Qiao Yue go to Sister Lin's place alone.

"Be careful," Qiao Jing said suddenly as Qiao Yue was about to leave.

Qiao Yue turned to look at him, but Qiao Jing had already buried himself in the documents he was reading.

Just as Qiao Yue had wished, the Qiao family chauffeur drove her. The car arrived at Sister Lin's apartment building and Sister Lin was already waiting for Qiao Yue at the entrance.

The driver wanted to help Qiao Yue upstairs, but Qiao Yue declined.

Qiao Yue heaved a sigh of relief after she watched the driver leave.

"Sister Lin, is the equipment ready?" Qiao Yue asked.

"Yes, it's ready. Team A has enough weapons. Don't worry about it, Master Yue."

Sister Lin was her teacher at school but her position in the organization was below Qiao Yue's. Therefore, whenever they were on a mission, Sister Lin would call her "Master Yue" like everyone else.

Qiao Yue nodded and was wheeled into another car by Sister Lin.

Sister Lin updated Qiao Yue with the organization's deployment around Yayi as she drove. Qiao Yue looked out the window at the scenery that was quickly passing by as she tapped her fingers on her seat.

"You said that there are only two people deployed at Linchuan Road?" Qiao Yue asked casually.

"Yes, Militant and Rose are on guard there." Sister Lin replied.