Chapter 126 - 130

Start from the beginning

Qiao Yue nodded along. There was nothing wrong with that idea. What mattered was securing victory by any means possible. Things would only go south if two people could not beat a single enemy, forcing their other teammates to deal with a similar situation elsewhere on the map.

"Everything seemed to be going fine, and we held the advantage with our minions sieging the enemy tower. I hid in the bush with my support. That was when that fellow in the jungle decided to come top. One would think that three against one should have been an easy victory, don't you think?" Qiao Yu turned to Qiao Yue, waiting for an answer.

Qiao Yue regarded Qiao Yu quietly but did not say anything. He was probably going to reveal a twist from the tone with which he spoke. When he got no response from Qiao Yue, Qiao Yu continued, "I drew the tower's attention so that the idiot could take first blood, but he wasted the opportunity and even caused my champion to die!"

Hearing Qiao Yu's irascible voice, Qiao Yue had trouble holding back her laughter. Poor Qiao Yu had been tricked into putting himself in harm's way.

Qiao Yu inhaled deeply to calm himself. "It's fine if he isn't a good player, but he brings everyone down with him! He tries to show off but fails, and when he does, he sells out his team, stealing the resources the rest of us need to advance. Instead of helping the team and securing objectives, he wanders around the jungle with the support in tow, dancing in the tall grass like the buffoon he is!"

The more Qiao Yu spoke, the angrier he became. He wished he could return to that match and chop his opponent and teammates into pieces.

One had to be blind not to see Qiao Yue's great effort suppressing her laughter. She was definitely gloating over his misfortune!

"Hurry up! Why haven't you come online yet?" Qiao Yu could not touch Qiao Yue, but that did not mean he could not get her to speed up.

___________

Chapter 127: Don't Hit the Mage

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

"Wait for an update," Qiao Yue replied as she tried to suppress a smile. "It sounds like it's that player's fault. How does it have anything to do with the girl?" Qiao Yue asked after a moment's thought.

Qiao Yue's curiosity exploded as Qiao Yu's expression turned black.

"I challenged him to a one-on-one battle, and that woman thought I was fighting him because of her."

Qiao Yue could no longer hold in her laughter and burst into giggles. At least she tried to cover it up by holding a hand to her mouth. Qiao Yu glared resentfully, so Qiao Yue quickly comforted him. "We're up! Come, come. Let's play."

Hearing that Qiao Yue's game client had opened, Qiao Yu stopped complaining and invited her to a ranked match.

The queue was surprisingly fruitful, with Xu Hao joining them randomly. It was almost as if they were playing as a three-man team. The game assigned roles to each of them. Xu Hao played top, Qiao Yu in the jungle, and Qiao Yue was the support. Mages and sharpshooters were popular roles, so they were always the first to be snapped up. With no other choice, Qiao Yue had to fill in where ever she could.

Qiao Yue and the other two were fairly skilled and seldom lost. The game's matchmaking decided who they teamed up with, going from Bronze to Silver, Platinum, Diamond, Starshine and King, from low to high. The three of them were all ranked Kings. There was a subtle science to matchmaking, and it was their luck that they got to play with one another.

Qiao Yu and Qiao Yue played two ranked matches, both victories.

Just as Qiao Yu was about to invite Qiao Yue for another match, he received a friend request.