Chapter 116 - 120

Start from the beginning

Now that they were in the same room, Qiao Yue finally realised how busy Qiao Jing was. She had heard from her brother's assistant that he was trying to break into the international market; hence, he had a lot of work every day.

Seeing him in action reminded Qiao Yue why she had returned in the first place. She wanted to talk business. Working with companies in the country was easier than if she tried from outside.

Some people in C-City, especially the very wealthy, viewed foreign goods as better than those produced at home. That was why she wanted to invest in foreign companies and sell the products they produced back home. She did not need to concern herself with the problem of people looking down on her because of her age, thanks to several agents she worked with.

Since her second brother, Qiao Jing, was having so much trouble breaking into the international market, Qiao Yue thought she might as well lend him a hand.

Qiao Yue mulled over her decision for a long time before locking eyes with Qiao Jing, drawing his attention.

Qiao Jing looked up from his documents and asked, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I was admiring your looks. Has no one ever said you looked handsome while working?"

Qiao Jing's ears turned red from Qiao Yue's sudden compliment. He wondered whether Qiao Yue was so free with her compliments to everyone else, which brought a frown to his face.

"You're so glib." Those simple words were a response to Qiao Yue's praise.

____________________

Chapter 117: A Storm of Love Letter

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

Qiao Yue pouted unhappily, "How could you say that? I'm being sincere!"

Qiao Jing continued with his work. "I heard from Qiao Yu that you've been receiving love letters."

Qiao Jing's sudden change of topic caught her off guard, but the contents soon elicited an eye roll. "Has Fourth Brother been telling on me? He's received as many love letters as I have—no, more than me!"

Qiao Jing asked because Qiao Yu had told him about Qiao Yue's popularity at school, pointing out how the many love interests were distracting Qiao Yue from her studies.

Although he had not reacted then, it was still concerning news to Qiao Jing.

Qiao Yue seemed to have plenty to say about Qiao Yu, complaining, "Brother, you don't know how many bees Fourth Brother attracts with his honey! Guys and girls, they're all the same. They flock to him in droves. Fourth Brother is publicly acknowledged as the school idol, and he's received tons of love letters from his fans and suitors. Brother, you have to discipline him!"

"Many like him?" Qiao Jing asked. Seeing Qiao Yue nod, he clarified, "What about you?"

Qiao Yu was her fourth brother. Although she did not particularly like him, she could not say she hated him, could she?

Not understanding Qiao Jing's meaning, Qiao Yue answered, a strange expression on her face. "Fourth Brother is alright."

Qiao Jing looked up at Qiao Yue, who still looked confused. Qiao Yue could not understand why her brother was behaving so strangely.

Quiet soon returned, and only fluttering pages could be heard as Qiao Jing leafed through several documents. Qiao Yue fell into a peaceful sleep.

Qiao Yue felt a gentle hand caressing her face as she lay half-asleep. Feeling the warmth against her skin, she could not help but lean into the touch.