Chapter Thirty-One||Run, John

Start from the beginning

"Thanks," the boy mumbled in response to his best friend's words.

"Shit," Pope drawled out as he rubbed his head tiredly.

"Okay, man. Yucatán, all right?" JJ told John B. "I'm saying that's the only option, what other options do you have?"

"JJ, enough with the Mexico bullshit, alright? Sarah will bail me out," John B said reassuringly.

Stella loved Sarah but couldn't help but be amused by John Bs statement. Sarah Cameron was terrified to ever go against her father.

"She did witness the whole thing," Kiara told the group.

"Yeah okay," Pope said sarcastically. "And she's gonna snitch on her brother?"

JJ took a hit from his blunt and sat up, "not happening, bro. Okay?"

Stella shook her head, "trust me, Sarah would definitely try but where would she even get the money to do that?"

JJ nodded his head and pointed at the girl, "we've gotta get you off the island, man."

"The ferry. It's the only way," Pope added.

"Yeah, exit stage left while you still can, man. Okay? Before the entire island is on lockdown."

"We can't stay here," Stella said as the group ducked after another cop car sped past. "We need to move."

•••

Pope and Stella stared at the "ferry closed" sign in annoyance. "Shit," Pope whispered as he pulled a paper off the board and showed it to Stella.

"Oh my god," Stella gasped as she looked at the wanted poster of her best friend.

The two walked back to the car and when they were close enough Pope started nervously ranting. "Okay, okay. All right, no."

"Pope, can you act normal?" Kiara asked, not wanting to draw attention to the group.

"So, um... okay, so, bad news," Pope said.

"Okay, calm down," Stella told the boy as she put her hands on his shoulders. "The ferry is closed, and there is this very, very, bad sign," Stella told the group as she handed them the wanted poster.

"What is that? What is that?" John B asked with a frightened voice as Kiara handed him the paper with wide eyes.

"Well, John B, uh... this is a good framer of you," JJ tried to joke but no one cracked a smile.

"Okay, so the whole islands lookin' for John B right now."

"That's a lot of money," Kiara said in concern.

"Yeah, the whole towns gonna want that," Stella told the boy as he groaned.

"Congratulations, John B. You're famous," JJ said and handed the paper to the boy.

"Okay, guys, we got to get to the HMS. It small, no running lights-" John B quickly cut Kiara off.

"It's at the Château, Kie."