Chapter 9 - Found Your Love

Harper's POV
The ACMs were amazing. Bailey sang Rock And A Hard Place and did it amazingly. Hardy dang Truck Bed which he did pretty well on too. And on top of that, Memphis sang a solo and then a duo song with Lainey Wilson about best friends, breakups, and alcohol.

When the ACMs were over and we had to go back to Bailey's tour bus for the night, I wasn't really all that tired even though it was probably like 10:30 pm at least.

As I sit down on the couch, Marley leaps onto the couch with me and I stroke her head as she sets it on my lap. Bailey sits next to me and smiles.

"Thank you for bringing me to the ACMs, Bailey. I had a lot of fun," I say, laying my head on Bailey's chest. Bailey smiles.

"Of course. You're my girlfriend. I wanted you to go and I also figured that you needed a break from work too,"

"Yeah. I did need this. It feels good to get away from work for a bit," I say.

Bailey grabs my hands and looks into my eyes.

"Harper, you know how I have that new album coming out tomorrow?" He asks. I nod.

"Yeah. Of course. Why?"

"Well, before it comes out tomorrow, I want to show you a song from it that I wrote about us. Memphis helped me write it and I really want to sing it to you before everyone else gets to hear it tomorrow," Bailey explains. I smile.

"I'd love to hear it,"

"Awesome. I'll go get my guitar,"

Bailey's POV
I sit back down next to Harper and flip open my song notebook to the song. I recorded the song at Big Loud records a couple of weeks ago and I made sure that Harper never heard it until now.

The song's name is Found Your Love and I begin strumming the chords on the my guitar. At the just the right moment, I begin to sing.

"Marlboros and Moonshine hellbent on moonlight. Everything you hate 'bout this town. I was just a loose end, no plans. Beat down broke man caught in a landslide going down."

"I was a reckless child. A dead end mile livin' my life on the run. I was a long lost soul. A twisted road. An ole ramblin' heart with a gun. Never thought I'd hang it up till I found your love."

"You changed the stars in my night sky. My path from the wayside. Everything I lost, yeah, you found. You took the pain from my soul. The chains off my bones. And made me the man I am now."

"I was a reckless child. A dead end mile livin' my life on the run. I was a long lost soul. A twisted road. An ole ramblin' heart with a gun. Never thought I'd hang it up till I found your love."

"I was just a desperado. A lead foot full throttle shot in the dark without hope."

"I was a reckless child. A dead end mile livin' my life on the run. I was a long lost soul. A twisted road. An ole ramblin' heart with a gun. Never thought I'd hang it up. Never thought I'd hang it up till I found your love, till I found your love."

"Marlboros and moonshine hellbent on moonlight till I found your love."

When I finish singing, I put down my guitar and look over at Harper. Harper has tears of joy on her face. I grab her hand and look into her eyes again.

"So, what do you think?" I ask.

Harper gives me a big hug and when she pulls away from the hug, I cup her face in my hands and pull her back towards me, kissing her on the lips.

"I love you so much, Harper. You've changed me for the better and I'm so glad I met you," I say. Harper smiles.

"I love you too, Bailey. I'm so glad my brother introduced me to you," she says.

I don't think I've loved anyone as much as I love Harper. I'm convinced that some day I'm gonna marry this girl.

Harper's POV
I lay next to Bailey on the couch, snuggled close to him.

While I'm not even sure what the next six weeks are gonna be like when it comes to angry fans and rescheduling of shows, but I know Bailey will be there with me.

In fact, I know that he'll be right by my side through everything for years to come.