"Yes, boss," answered Stone respectfully.

The two cars behind them followed closely, and everyone, including Qiao Yue, focused their attention on the bend ahead.

After they turned, Stone pushed open the door and threw the immobilized Trand off the car.

Qiao Yue had broken all of Trand's limbs and his body rolled as soon as it touched the ground.

Qiao Yue looked behind through the rearview mirror and saw that as soon as Trand was thrown out of the car, the two cars behind them stopped immediately.

Stone's eyes were also fixed on the rearview mirror, and he couldn't help but suck in a cold breath.

"Boss, did they do this on purposes? Didn't you cripple him? How could it be?"

This was also the question Qiao Yue was thinking about. If they reacted after seeing Trand being thrown out, they wouldn't have stopped so quickly. So, they must have known in advance that Trand would be thrown out. But how did Trand sent the message to the two cars behind them?

"Boss..."

As soon as Sanzi, who was driving, opened his mouth, Qiao Yue stopped him.

"Continue driving, back to the base."

"Yes, boss."

Without the frequent gunshots behind them, Qiao Yue leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes. She kept feeling that it was highly unusual for Trand to be able to communicate with the outside world.

_______________

Chapter 42: Pretty Doctor

Translator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

As estimated by Qiao Yue, a few minutes after they exited the bend, they saw their reinforcement team.

12 people in 3 cars came to support them. The car that Sanzi was driving could be scrapped; it was already a miracle that it lasted until now.

The two teams switched places. Two cars drove to the previous location to check things out while the other two took Qiao Yue and the rest back to the base.

Inside the modified Regius Ace, a bespectacled and gentle-looking female doctor treated Qiao Yue's wound.

The knife in Qiao Yue's shoulder was plunged deep, and she would need stitches when they arrived at the base.

"Gasp!" Qiao Yue sucked cold air through her teeth at the female doctor's not-so-gentle technique.

"Yun, are you trying to kill me?" Qiao Yue's beautiful eyebrows furrowed. She felt that Yun didn't want to save her but wanted to kill her.

The female doctor called Yun sneered. "You're always skating on thin ice. You'll die sooner or later. Instead of letting you die in the hands of others, why not let me kill you."

Although she said that, her hands were a little gentler.

Qiao Yue lay on a stretcher in the modified van as she smiled weakly at Yun. "You have a sharp tongue but a soft heart."

"Ow!" As soon as Qiao Yue finished speaking, another monosyllable came out of her mouth.

Cold sweat trickled down her forehead. This time, Qiao Yue really didn't have the mood to speak anymore.

The interaction between Qiao Yue and Yun made the others in the van laugh.

Stone was the first to speak. "Boss, you always tease Doctor Zhou. You always make her angry, and then you suffer."