Chapter 8 - Never Leave

Start from the beginning

Memphis has her arm around Morgan and Morgan's massaging his throat. Memphis looks sad, but Morgan seems angry with himself.

"My throat is in bad shape, Harper. I think we need to call the doctor," he says.

"Okay. I'll call him tomorrow morning. I have a feeling that this time we're gonna have to cancel a lot of shows," I mutter. Morgan nods.

"I have a feeling that that's gonna happen too,"

*

I call Vanderbilt again and Morgan's doctor asks us to drive straight over to Nashville so they can take a look at his throat.

When we get there, all our fears were confirmed.

Morgan injured his vocal chords and needs six weeks vocal rest with no talking or singing. Plus, if he doesn't listen, he could ruin his voice forever.

For me, that means calling all the venues with concerts that are within that six week period, postponing the concerts and hopefully having them rescheduled at a later date.

Doing all this work stressed me out a bit, but luckily I had Bailey by my side through all of it.

Speaking of which, I'm going as Bailey's plus one to the ACM awards and I'm so excited.

*

Bailey and I take his tour bus down to Texas. Memphis and Hardy both flew down, not feeling like going on a road trip at the moment.

I'm really excited to be at the ACMs this year. Bailey got the New Male Artist of the Year award and he's gonna be singing at the awards ceremony tonight. Hardy already got two awards and might be getting more and Memphis won New Female Artist of the Year so everyone's super excited.

For the red carpet event before the ACMs start, I'm wearing a pink dress with tassels and white, pointy-toed cowgirl boots that stop just above my ankles. They're one of my most recent purchases and I think they are the cutest boots I've ever seen.

Bailey's wearing whitewashed jeans with a matching jean jacket as well as a white t-shirt and a pair of Nike Air Forces.

Just before Bailey and I are gonna walk the red carpet, we're stopped by two singers who are interviewing people tonight.

"Oh my gosh. Bailey Zimmerman and Harper Wallen. Don't you two look nice," one of the ladies says. I smile.

"Aww. Thank you,"

"You're welcome. You two look so good together. Now, I have a question for y'all, if you don't mind." The lady says. Bailey shrugs.

"Ask away,"

"So, Bailey, we know that you got New Male Artist of the Year. Did you expect to win that at all?" She asks. Bailey laughs.

"I honestly wasn't expecting to win it because of all the backlash I got on that one time I lost my voice and kept singing, but—"

"Don't listen to Bailey. He's just bein' modest. My boyfriend is an amazing singer and he definitely deserved this award," I say, interrupting Bailey. Bailey smiles and puts his arm around me.

"You've definitely got a keeper there, Bailey. You don't ever wanna lose this girl," the lady says with a smile. Bailey nods.

"Yeah. I'm not planning on letting this one get away. She's the best thing that's ever happened to me," he says, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Well that's really sweet. It was nice talking to you two," the lady says. Bailey and I nod.

"It was nice talking to you too," I say.

We make our way over to the red carpet and when we're walking on the red carpet, they instruct us to stop so they can take pictures of us.

Bailey wraps his arm around my waist and we pose for pictures together. Bailey kisses me on the cheek for one picture and then we kiss on the lips for another. The photographers are going crazy and the fans behind them are going even crazier.

For the next picture, they ask Bailey to get a solo shot and, after that picture, we're done with photos.

We walk off the red carpet and go inside. Our assigned seats are next to Memphis, Lainey, and Hardy which I'm glad about.

When we sit down, Memphis is already there and she smiles when she sees us.

"Harper, you look so pretty." She says. I give Memphis a hug.

"Thanks Memphis. You look pretty too. And I see a little baby bump starting to form," I say. Memphis smiles.

"I know. It makes me so excited. I hope I have a girl,"

"I hope so too. I want a little niece so bad," I say.

"Well I want you guys to have boy because then I'll have two little boys who Morgan and I can teach to be rednecks," Hardy says with a smirk. I laugh.

"Like Memphis and KT would ever let that happen,"

"Memphis might, but not KT, that's for darn sure." Hardy mutters. Memphis shrugs.

"He's right about that,"