2

Hanni, was a tall and slender girl, and looked like she just got from the cover of some beauty magazine. She walked in confident strides, showing off her long, perfect legs. She attracted attention wherever she was, because she was not only beautiful but also a very radiant and charismatic person. Everyone loved Hanni and felt special when she would direct one of her signature smiles at them. As she walked down the hallway, people looked at her in lust and awe, and some greeted her shyly. It seemed that everyone adored her, and no one hated her, well no one except for Minji.

Hanni's smooth long brunette hair cascaded down her shoulders, and her bangs would fall onto her now and then. This time too, as she finally approached the girls, she removed the hair from her eyes with the elegant brush of her long fingers. This simple action revealed her warm chocolate brown eyes, that a high percent of male and even a part of female population at Kwangya Academy was enchanted with regularly. Her bright smile revealed small little dimples on her cheeks, which made her even more heart warmingly attractive.

"Hi girls." Hanni greeted them excitedly.

Why is that girl always so disgustingly cheerful? Minji wrinkled her nose in disgust at Hanni. She had an impulse to gag and spread her happiness around. She glared at her, determined not to answer her greeting.

Minji's minions were itching to respond to Hanni since her gentleness and niceness were obviously contagious. Ningning mustered up some courage to greet her back and got a terrifying glare from Minji as soon as she let the words out of her mouth. Hanni appeared oblivious to Minji's dark mood and glares which were obviously directed at her and asked them all how their summer was. Minji glared at her and when she saw that the girl was not quitting anytime soon, she decided to speak.

"It was wonderful!" She responded with a sickening fake smile plastered on her face. Despite her ear to ear smile, it never really reached her eyes. Instead, they seemed to emanate burning hatred straight at smiling Hanni.

Hanni shifted uncomfortably and shivered slightly at the intensity of the glare. She didn't really understand why Minji disliked her so much. She was nice and pleasant to everyone, including Minji, but the girl never warmed up to her. To be quite honest she didn't like Minji either but still she wouldn't give her dirty looks for no apparent reason. Plus, she couldn't help herself but be nice to everyone, it was just the way she was. Sometimes she added super sweet smiles just for Minji, to tease her a bit, because she sensed Minji's aversion towards her. But in situations like this, she couldn't help but wonder if this girl not only disliked her but hated her, and why?

She tried to quickly compose herself, but of course Minji noticed her discomfort, and smirked mischievously. Just as Hanni was about to say something else to break the awkward moment, Minji turned on her heel, and sauntered away.

What is wrong with this girl?, Hanni pondered as she proceeded towards the cafeteria.

• •

Minji was still in a pretty gloomy mood, and she could feel the start of a throbbing headache at the back of her head. Even though she got morbid content from intimidating Hanni with her glare, she was still feeling crappy, and her headache wasn't helping at all. She just wanted the day to end, to go home and snuggle with Snoopy, her dog, and watch some movies.

However, the day continued at pretty much the same time, and by the end of classes she was ready to kill someone to get out of there. Her minions noticed her grumpiness, and they kept walking a few feet behind her, not daring to ask any questions. Without saying bye, she got into the limo that was waiting for her, and went straight home.

After taking one aspirin, and a long relaxing bath, her mood finally started to shift. She went to her room and snatched Snoopy. Her parents of course weren't home, and Irene left just moments ago, after she prepared dinner for her. Minji felt lonely sometimes, but she wouldn't admit that to anyone.

Maybe that was why she hated Hanni so much. She had so many people that loved her, and she probably never felt alone the way Minji did.

"Damn that girl!" she groaned out loud, as thinking about her caused her agitation to return. Sometimes, even Minji wondered why did that girl have such a strong negative effect on her, and why did she hate her so much, why was just a thought about Hanni able to make her blood boil with anger and hatred?

When thinking about it, it seemed that she hated her from the very first moment she saw her. It was probably a few years back when she was in sophomore year. Minji already established a queen bee status in school, and despite being so young she was respected.

Then one day, this smiling, cheerful, beautiful bitch comes in and casts a shadow on her popularity. And she not only quickly gets to the rank of the second most popular girl at school, and technically becomes her nemesis, but she also dares to smile at her and act friendly with her.

Since the very first moment Minji seen her, she could pick out something she hated about her each day: first of course her smile, then her small dimples, then her eyes and hair, and impossibly her long legs, and her niceness, and her athletic body, and her charisma, and if let up to Minji the list could go on and on endlessly.

Minji was never explicitly mean to anyone, that wasn't her modus operandi. She often smiled at people, but mostly they knew that her smile was more dangerous than her frown. She would smile sweetly at people, and meanwhile she would work her best to bring them down in the shadows.

Her way - scheming. She was the best at it, and everyone knew not to mess with her. What could she do? Her life wasn't particularly thrilling aside from scheming. It was her way to cope with life, to gain control in a way.

So, as soon as she met Hanni, she worked on bringing her down, and Hanni was her one and only failure. The girl was too damn perfect, and Minji couldn't find any dirt on her, despite all her efforts. That of course contributed to the hate that was eating her insides. Now, she couldn't even manage to fake a smile to her, while the only thing she wanted to do is pull her freaking hair out, and wipe that cringe-worthy smile off her face.

• • •

Minji sighed into the empty penthouse, as she descended to the kitchen to eat dinner Irene prepared earlier.

Mmmm lasagna, my favourite, she smiled to herself contently, as her stomach growled at the wonderful smell, and her mouth watered. Sometimes she would even say she loved Irene, of course if she wasn't a commoner. She has known Irene her whole life, she has cared about her since she was a little girl, and she moved with them to Sydney to take care of Minji. Of course, her husband and children had to move with her. They lived decently though off the money Minji's parents paid her and her husband Suho, at least that's what Minji thought.

As she munched on her lasagna, her phone started ringing. She looked at the screen, it was Seojun. She didn't expect any of her minions to call her anyways since she probably scared them off with her mood today. She swallowed lasagna, and answered.

"Hey babe." Seojun said with his raspy, sexy voice.

"Hey Seojun." Minji responded meekly. He talked to her a bit, trying to act on all the boyfriends she guessed.

"Hey I've got to go, I feel kind of sleepy.." she faked and yawned at her phone.

"Baby just before you go, I wanted to ask you if you want to go to Kai's party this Saturday. It's a party for the start of the school year, and everyone will be there."

"Seojun, you know I don't do parties." she exclaimed a bit frustrated with him, because he knew that she didn't like to mix with intoxicated and horny teenagers. Despite coming from the upper class of society, teenagers were still teenagers, and Minji considered herself above that kind of primitive behaviour.

"But babe, it would be good, we have to show everyone that we are still the IT couple, you know before Jiwon and Hanni take it from us." he added playfully.

Minji could feel the vein popping at her forehead at the mention of Hanni's name.

Hell no, she is not going to take this from me, she thought furiously to herself.

"Umm babe, you still there?" Seojun asked.

"Huh.. oh yeah I am.. okay I will go." she said finally.

"Wohoooo!" Seojun shouted on the phone. "It will be a blast! I love you babe, see you tomorrow!" he said.

She hung up the phone, not responding to his 'I love you'. What was she supposed to say anyways.. she didn't love him.

She doesn't love anyone.