❛𝐖𝐄𝐈𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

After calling the police, the three of them when to the boat house of the last sailor, who they assume and hope is still alive. Ji Ah was in the lead while the other two walked behind her. Ji Ah went inside to inspect and as Hye Jin was about to enter, Yeon got ahold of her hand and pulled her aside causing her to raise her brows.

"What?"

"Are you okay?" Yeon asked letting go of her hand.

"Ah! Yeah, I am okay." She said smiling.

"The spirit..she said if we have questions we should ask you? So that would mean you know what happens in the future." Yeon had been wanting to ask about this for a while.

"When you mumbled that saving and helping those victims was a waste of time. You knew they were about to die."

Hye Jin didn't know what to say so she chuckled awkwardly. When Yeon gave her a look she quickly shut her mouth.

"Listen, I can't say anything for a reason but all I can say is that it's true. I know what's about to happen...at least for some things."

She thought of the mystery of her coming to this universe and the small changes in the plot which wasn't there before. She knew she was disrupting the plot but she can't do anything.

"Then why didn't you move away if you knew that man would try to eat you."

"I was scared...and he wasn't supposed to come towards me." Hye Jin revealed.

"What?" He frowned his brows.

"He was supposed to attack Ji Ah, not me."

Yeon didn't comment and stood there looking conflicted. Hye Jin moved her eyes from him and looked at the boat house Ji Ah went in.

"Let's go, Ji Ah's in there all alone." Saying that she started to walk to the house.

Yeon followed her from behind and spoke. "Will that last victim attack her?"

"..No...Not that I know of." She said not sure of herself and the knowledge she has by watching the drama for thousands of times. Anything can happen and anything can change and that's what makes her scared.

Suddenly a hand came in front of her causing her to flinch. She then saw a packet of puffs and sighed in relief.

"Gosh! Yeon, couldn't you have said you were about to do that?"

"I did, then I got annoyed you didn't reply to me so I shoved my hand in front of you. It's a plus one that you flinched." He said laughing, proud of himself.

Before she could say or do something, both of them were inside. Ji Ah didn't notice them as she was lost in her own thoughts. Hye Jin rolled her eyes at what Yeon said and snatched the packet of puffs from him making Ji Ah jump from the sound.

"You both scared me!" She said placing her hand on her chest.

Yeon had his hands inside the packet to eat a few as Hye Jin held the pack "Oh, sorry." Both Yeon and Hye Jin said simultaneously.

"How can you both eat snacks at this moment?" Ji Ah asked confused.

"Why this is my favourite snack." They said it together again. Yeon glared at her and mouthed "Stop copying me!"

Hye Jin just smiled at him. She remembered the lines of the dialogue so she decided to say it with him. She mouthed, saying, "Why not?"

Ji Ah shook her head at their antics. "Two people died." Ji Ah said.

"So?" Yeon said while eating his puffs.

Hye Jin moved around the space to look around and see if something changed and if the victim was still there. She couldn't be too sure.

"Can't you react more reasonably than just saying 'So?'." Ji Ah said annoyed with Yeon's behaviour.

"Hmm." He hummed walking towards Ji Ah. "Do you know how much of the Joseon Dynasty's population has been lost through invasions by Japan and China?" He questioned.

When she didn't reply, he said "3.5 million. I've seen more funerals than all of the funerals held by the funeral companies in Korea."

"Even if 3.5 million people died, I'm sure one of them had broken your heart at least." Ji Ah retorted and looked back at the poster.

Without Ji Ah noticing, Yeon stared at her getting flashbacks of when Ji Ah died in his arms. None of them noticed Hye Jin looking at them from behind the tent.

Ji Ah then went along to show Yeon the difference between the poster on the wall and on the phone which she had searched up.

"It has no legs."

"Legs? Speaking of which..."

"A dragon with no legs, what could that be?" She said as a question but for him not herself as she already knew the answer to it.

"This isn't a dragon. This is a snake." He stated the obvious.

Ji Ah nodded her head and looked at Yeon. "An Imoogi." 

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

POSTED: May 29, 2023
EDITED: August 04, 2023
WORDS: 863