19. We work together or not at all

Start from the beginning

Not only that but he's made me miss a whole day due to the hangover from the sleeping draught, plus it meant that creepy Moaning Myrtle watched me sleep for hours.

I cross my arms annoyed as I think about Draco and just how stupid his actions are. As I cross over the wooden bridge movement from below catches my eye.

I walk slowly over to the edge of the bridge peering down into the moonlight, two figures are moving quickly along the path to Hogsmeade.

Harry and Dumbledore.

I stay watching them until they disappear around the bend and into the village. Why are they leaving the castle on foot? And why are they leaving at this time of night?

I shock myself as I let out a sharp laugh thinking how it really would be a plot twist to find out they're actually in some kind of romantic relationship.

I shake my head clear of those weird thoughts "I must be delirious or something" I mutter to myself as I turn away from the way they both went.

I look towards the dark castle as a strong need to tell Draco what I just saw passes through me. I start to march quickly along the wonky wooden bridge heading as quickly as I can ti the hospital wing.

As I turn into the infirmary I first see Madam Pomfrey slumped bent over her desk at the back of the ward, even from the other end of the room I can hear her faint snores.

I turn stiffly to look towards Draco's bed, his curtains are drawn but I can see his shadow moving behind them.

I roll the hospital curtain out of the way and stand staring at the boy in front of me.

"What is it with you and drugging people?"

Draco stands frozen his suit shirt half done up, and his eyes wide as he realises he's been caught. He opens his mouth slowly his hands frozen on his shirt buttons.

"Don't" I hold my hand up "just be honest with me and tell me what I need to do to help."

"I'm sorry" his voice is soft as he continues doing his buttons up "I should never have drugged you, I'm sorry I didn't just tell you."

"We really don't have time for that now Draco." I push back the anger simmering within me "I've just seen Dumbledore and Harry leaving the castle on foot."

Draco raises his eyebrows "right. We need to move quickly then." He starts doing his shirt up again as he keeps talking "I need to get to the room if requirement and I need you to go to the common room, pack our things. Just the things we can't replace, and make sure Moody is taken care of."

He moves quickly about the space his eyes darting all over looking for his belongings. It's only when he stops to look at me I can see the mixture of emotions in his eyes.

Fear, anger, desperation, confusion, sadness and guilt.

They seem to flicker within his grey eyes like a slideshow of feelings.

I gulp as I realise just what he means "this is it isn't it?"

Draco nods gravely "this is it. There's no going back now." He pulls on his blazer and grabs his wand from the table. He steps around me and walks two paces towards the exit, he stops and turns back towards me holding out his hand to me "are you with me?"

I stare down at his outstretched hand.

This is it. Dumbledore is about to be killed, everything is going to change. Draco is leaving this hospital wing thinking he's going to have to be the one to do it, but I know he can't be.

It has to be me.

"I'm with you" I clasp my hand in his tightly.

We walk quickly from the wing together hand in hand heading towards the staircases.