𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎

Start from the beginning

"My lover, we're here." Her mother spoke gently, causing the girl to looked up at her parent who sat in front of her, looking at her gently and expectantly. 

"Oh." Venus let the noise out in a small hushed whisper, nodding her her parents, showing them she was ready.

Her father nodded towards her, before giving a small knock to the wooden carriage door, alerting the footmen to open it. At its acknowledgement, the door was pulled open, allowing the sunlight to scatter around inside the carriage.

George's heart beat a mile a minute, his feet defying him and carrying him down the stairs, ignoring the stairs from servants and guards alike. He gave a small tap to the footman, motioning for him to move, taking his place.

Venus got up from her seat, slightly hunching over inside the small carriage, turning towards the exit. For guidance, she grasped the hand that was held out for her, to help her to the grounds outside the carriage. She stepped down the steps of the carriage feet planting against the soil. Her hand should've left the footman's by now, but the lack of cotton fabric covering the hand she held caused her to turn to the footman in confusion. The person in front of her elicited a gasp from her lips. Her hand was being held by the King.

At her shocked face, George smiled before letting go of her hand and backing up, bowing in front of her.

"Hello Venus," George said gently, through his smile, "I'm George."

"Your Majesty." Venus spoke, moving to curtsy, to which George took hold of her hand to stop.

"There is no need." George kept hold of her hand as she re-straightened herself. "And it's George. Just George. I mean yes, Your Majesty, but to you, just George." George stated.

"I'm sorry, had I known you were the King I would've gotten down on my own." Venus explained.

"The 'King' situation, it towers over us. Accident of birth on my part. But I thought, maybe, perhaps, as my wife you could ignore it, and I could be 'Just George' to you. Besides, that is no such thing for a lady as yourself to do." George paused, "I had thought for a second you would've stayed in the carriage."

"I'm sorry for that,...George" She spoke the name with hesitance, that caused him to go silent with the smile still plastered on his face. At his silence, Venus grew worried and confused, "What is it?" She questioned.

"You are imcomparable." George answered, "Perhaps too beautiful to marry me, people will talk." Venus blushed at his words, causing a smirk to grow on Georges face. He bent down, lifting her hand up to his lips, feathering a kiss to it. "I look forward to our marriage, Venus." He said, standing back up straight.

"As do I George." Venus smiled.

The two had just been looking at each other when a throat was cleared behind them. Looking up the steps, the two found Georges mother, Princess Augusta, looking down at them with a stern look on her face.

"Come along." She spoke, turning and beginning to walk inside the castle. George continued to hold her hand, and led her up the stairs, before coming to a stop at the top. "Till we meet again, my lady." George spoke, flashing his brightest smile before finally separating their palms, walking down the left hallway with his kings men following behind him.

Venus held a look as her eyes trailed after him. Her daydream was interrupted with a loud, 'ahem' coming from down the right hallway. 

"Oh." Venus let out, turning and following after Princess Augustine, her parents following behind her.

They entered inside a large and exquisitely decorated room, and Venus took to the middle of it, her parents going to stand behind the high lords of the court.