Patchy Origin

BREAKING NEWS: 14-year-old, Petra Driscoll, disappeared on her way to school this morning. It's suspected she was kidnapped. Especially with the new fear of a murderer going around. Parents, children, keep watch over yourselves and others for your safety. If you know anything; like his or Petra's whereabouts, where he might be going, report it to authorities immediately.
—————————————————

Tears...Warm, pain-filled tears, flowing like a river from Petra's eyes. How did she end up here? Struggling against metal restraints that held her down to a wooden torture bed.

The clanking of metal chains, the sound of a struggle, told the man down the hall his victim was awake.

The brown-haired female looked to the side, only to see a tall figure standing in the doorway. The man walked over to her, a cold, sadistic chuckle coming from his mouth, s ending shivers down her spine.

"Let me go!" Petra's voice quivered in fear as her entire being struggled to be freed.

"You are quite the feisty one..." Another dark chuckle escaped the man's lips as he sat down on a stool near the bed. Now in the
light, she could see him more clearly..

The man on the stool wore a copper-colored, steampunk-style crow mask, as well as a black steampunk outfit with a black leather overcoat. She couldn't see any of his features due to the mask, but she could barely see he had ginger hair and quite fair skin.

The man proceeded to drop two bags onto a metal tray next to him. One which was filled with all sorts of torture instruments.

As she opened her mouth to speak, the man placed a gloved hand over it, to shut her up, "Shhh...It'll only hurt a bit.."

Petra felt a stinging pain in her arm, starting to feel a bit drowsy as a cold feeling went all throughout her right arm. Her eyelids felt heavy as she struggled to barely keep them open.

The man started to cackle, "Nighty-night, little one..."

And with that, Petra's eyes shut. The man had injected her with a drug, which knocked her unconscious. He could now begin his... project.

When the effect of the drugs wore off, and Petra regained her consciousness, her entire body felt like it was on fire. Everything hurt like Hell..

"Ow..." She grunted, moving her arm to rub her right eye, causing her to wince.

It was then she realized she could move, there were no more restraints. They were gone, she could move freely.

Slowly, yet surely, Petra got herself off of the torture table, every movement sending zaps of, what felt like hellfire, through her veins.

She hobbled quietly out of the torture room, already feeling slightly woozy, and almost collapsing to her knees, as she worked her way to the hallway.

From where she stood, she saw the man, seemingly asleep on the couch.

'Is this guy stupid?! He must be a dumbass if he's leaving me free to move around and then falling asleep.'

As she thought that, the tone in her mind was one of disbelief and mockery. She turned back around to look in the room and spotted the torture devices still all laid out. She hobbled over to the tray and quickly picked up the scalpel.

That was when she saw it...Patches of her skin..They were darker. She was all blotchy. She hobbled over to the mirror, scalpel in hand, and stared at herself, at her face, which was now two different colors. One of her eyes was gone, now, a black void in place of where her eyes used to be. Yet it felt the same....And all that held her body together, were some stitches.