❤️ Chapter 23 ❤️

Começar do início

"Awesome. Can't wait to tag along with you guys one day."

"That would be nice," I said, yawning.

"I was going to suggest sleeping meds if it's stressing you out that much, but I don't think that would be helpful if you're suddenly called to duty and you need to be there ASAP."

I heard my phone, so I picked it up from the ground and dangled it over my face. It was a new message from the group chat. Cedric and Elijah were close by, but they weren't allowed to be seen, so they were currently stalking the area.

"Yeah. It's not gonna be great for me if I'm a sleepy boy. I need to build resistance to weakness if I want to be a good little gang boy."

He snorted. "Maybe you do need to take drugs."

"That's not very nice."

They kept me informed on everything that was happening outside of the building. Elijah knew them, but had no idea why they were here. It wasn't a normal thing for guys from Lords to do, so he was worried about them figuring out I was in two gangs.

Elijah mentioned that some people knew about the whole mess with Ziven and Amani and how they were waiting for their brother to choose one of them to join. But because Jin was still underage, no one was allowed to interfere, and that was an obvious thing for everyone, but it was also more of a personal family matter rather than a gang issue. The leader most likely had no idea about this and wouldn't care. This organization was bigger than all of us combined and it was important for each member to have loyalty, otherwise everything could easily come crumbling down.

If it was true that some members of Lords were trying to stalk me, it might not exactly be an order from the higher ups. It was too amateurish to be a serious order to stalk out some stupid newbie with no threatening vibes and no dangerous experience.

At least it was what Elijah believed.

That being said, it was dangerous for me to be this close to Jin while they were stalking out. If they knew I was hanging out with Jin, it could travel back to Amani that I was in Lords or worse, it could mean Ziven knew about me, and everything about the whole situation would only end up in everything exploding in my face.

Without planning anything out, Elijah simply gave me the order to pack some clothes for a weekend and secretly sneak out without being spotted.

I wasn't going to lie. Elijah's sudden seriousness made me the most nervous I'd ever been. I listened carefully to his instructions and lost some of my sleep due to the adrenaline rushing through my cold veins.

Jin was sad when I told him I had to leave for a little while, but he promised he wouldn't tell a soul that I lived there. He understood how these things worked and he knew that me being there could make Ziven mad if he knew I was in Devilian, even though I was in both and Ziven would easily find that out, but the less Jin knew, the better he'd be able to lie for me.

I borrowed one of Jin's backpacks and stuffed it with some clothes and necessary things.

Elijah: There's a door in the back of the building. You should be able to go through it without being seen.

Cedric: Have they seen your face?

Lucian: I honestly don't think so. I've been scared of them since I first saw them cus they looked sus af. I'm always wearing hoodies even if it's hot outside.

Elijah: I bet you look so cute.

"Hope your secret mission goes well," Jin whispered at the door. "I'll miss you."