Chapter IX. Tail: III. Clap Your Hands If You Believe...

Start from the beginning

I nod "Because I know, my son will be safe with Myrcella and Cersei"

Jaime hugs me tightly and I smile feeling his warmth and I think of Jon and Cersei and our relationships with them.

》》》》 《《《《

Narrator POV

In Varys's chamber, night. Varys sits writing by candlelight. In the distance, a door opens. Varys looks up and folds the scroll he was writing. He uses the candle to set it aflame, then snuffs the burning parchment. The sound of footsteps draws closer.

Varys removes his rings and places them in a small bowl. He sits, quietly resigned to his fate. The plodding of the approaching guards echoes in the chamber.

The door opens and Grey Worm enters, accompanied by a handful of Unsullied. He pauses and gives Varys a menacing look.

》》》》 《《《《

In the caverns beneath Dragonstone, Grey Worm and the Unsullied guards lead Varys through the caverns by torchlight. They exit onto the rocky shore, passing an unhappy Tyrion.

Daenerys stands in front of the surf with Jon at her side. Varys faces them, having accepted his fate.

Tyrion approaches from the side, and they exchange a knowing look "It was me."

Varys nods "I hope I deserve this. Truly, I do. I hope I'm wrong. Goodbye, old friend."

Tyrion and Varys take in their goodbye. Tyrion touches Varys's shackled hands kindly, and steps away. Varys fights to maintain his composure.

Daenerys steps forward "Lord Varys. I, Daenerys of House Targaryen, First of My Name, Breaker of Chains and Mother of Dragons__" From behind her, Drogon's head emerges from the darkness, growling "__sentence you to die. Dracarys."

Drogon rears up behind Daenerys and roars. Fright takes over Varys's face. Drogon steadies himself, roars between his teeth, and quickly unleashes an inferno that consumes Varys.

Tyrion watches, deeply sorrowful. Jon stands quietly, willing himself to follow his queen.

》》》》 《《《《

In the painted table, night. Daenerys sits by the fire, holding Missandei's leather collar. Grey Worm stands at attention "This was all she brought with her when we crossed the Narrow Sea. Her only possession."

Daenerys hands the collar to Grey Worm. He looks it over, masking his pain, and throws it in the fireplace, where it shrivels and burns.

At the sound of footsteps, Grey Worm regains his composure and turns to face Jon as he enters. Daenerys hides her sorrow as well.

Daenerys in Valyrian "It's all right, Torgo Nudo. Let me speak with him"

Grey Worm nods and exits. Jon approaches Daenerys. There is an awkward silence.

Daenerys says "What did I say would happen if you told your sister?"

Jon says "I don't want it, and that's what I told him."

Daenerys says "She betrayed your trust. She killed Varys as much as I did. This was a victory for her. Now she knows what happens when people hear the truth about you. Far more people in Westeros love you than love me. I don't have love here. I only have fear."

Jon says "I love you. And you will always be my queen."

Daenerys stands and walks to Jon "Is that all I am to you? Your queen?"