Chapter XVI. Head: IV. The Bells

Start from the beginning

Jaime looks around "Make attention to us"

Soldier orders "Make way for the Golden Company!

Jaime and I slide through the gate, down the center of a Golden Company battalion as they march in time.

The soldier orders "Close the gate!"

The gates close with a great clanging. Jaime and I continue to walk quietly toward the Keep.

》》》》 《《《《

Outside the walls of King's Landing, The Golden Company stands at attention. Some of their faces betray their trepidation toward the forthcoming battle.

Harry Strickland guides his mount in front of them. His eyes are fixed on the distance, where the Stark forces stretch across the panorama.

》》》》 《《《《

The Stark and Targaryen army, The battered and snarling Northmen are crowded together. Behind them, the Dothraki and the Unsullied stand ready.

》》》》 《《《《

On a rise just behind them stands Jon, Davos, and Grey Worm. Tyrion joins them as men file past. Grey Worm walks down the rise. They look at the battlements and forces in the near distance.

Tyrion says "If you hear the bells ring, they've surrendered. Call off your men."

Jon looks at Tyrion with apprehension. He exits, followed by Davos.

A soldier says "Move along now, lads."

》》》》 《《《《

Inside the tower of the red keep, Cersei Lannister walks to the window and surveys the great capital city.

》》》》 《《《《

In the far distance is the wall where her loyal forces are stationed, and the great plain beyond where the Stark and Targaryen forces await. Behind her, Qyburn and Ser Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane stand ready.

》》》》 《《《《

On the grounds of the red keep, Masses of city dwellers continue to move through courtyards, gates, and walls for the protection of the Red Keep.

"That's it."

"Go on, move it."

"Come on, move, move. Faster, faster. Come on, move it. Keep going."

"Keep moving."

The crowd chatters as they churn towards the gate. Among them, The Hound becomes frustrated at the slow pace. He grabs Nora by the shoulder and brushes past her.

Arya returns her shock with a stare as she follows The Hound HOUND through the gate.

The hound says "Move."

Soldier says "Stay with him."

A man says "Hold on."

A woman says "Hold my hand."

Seizing the opportunity, Nora instructs her daughter, Vicky, to follow behind the Hound and Arya.

Nora says "Get behind there."

The soldier says "Close the gate! No more through!"

The Hound picks up the pace to make it through before the gate seals. Arya follows. People rush through, but the gate closes in front of Nora and Vicky.