•Chinese Lunar new year: The Year of the Dragon •

•Part one: The start•

Xiù yáo woke up and looked at the time. The clock showed the time, it was 9 am
"Ugh...Lovely" She grabbed her phone looking at the date. Yesterday was February the 9th...today was the 10th. Xiù jolted up from her bed looking at the phone. Today was the lunar new year!

The girl put down her phone looking in her wardrobe, not this, too classy, This is it! She took out a beautiful dress that was her mother's. After a good while of admiring the dress, she put it on her bed.

It took her a good while to get ready, putting her hair up and put her casual clothes.

"Xiù! Come here you're late for breakfast!" Her father yelled out.
"Coming! Just give a minute" Yáo took her jade necklace and put it on, it was a lucky charm for her. She went out of her room and grated her dad bowing a bit.
"Good morning Dad." She laughed awkwardly.
Ao shun gently hit his daughter's head. "What did I tell you about being late?" he smiled. "Come on kiddo, you have to eat and then we had to decorate the house"
"Got it Dad" She sat down at the table and started eating, not too fast not too slow.

Ao shun cleaned his dirty dishes while looking over at his daughter. "Don't choke on the rice!" Xiù looked over to her dad. "Mhm!"
The family comes at.. 11 pm. Xiù looked over at her phone, 10 pm. She finished all the work around the house so "quickly", now she has an hour to spare. The girl ran up to her room, she put the make-up on and the dress too. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.
"You look just like your mom when she was young," Her dad said while passing her room.
"I'm glad to hear that Dad"
"finish up getting ready! Some of our family members are here" Ao shun said while walking away.
"Pff ok Dad" The sixteen-year-old looked in the mirror noticing that something was off. These two bumps on her head weren't here before... A slight panic filled Xiù's eyes.
"Ok Xiù it's nothing, you probably hit your head while sleeping" She reassured herself and walked out of the room.

"Uncle Ao Guang!" Xiù yelled out joyfully while walking up to her dad and his brother.
"Hello Xiù, I see you have grown up a lot" He smiled.
"Very well, Xiù could you go outside and check on the fish?" Ao shun asked while looking at his daughter.
"Sure thing!" She went outside.

While Xiù was outside she looked at the lake, the weather was shining thanks to the light that the moon gave. The clock showed midnight. Xiù started to feel a bit odd, she touched her head and panicked.

Where those horns? She looked in the reflection of herself. They were real horns... But not like the devils they were more deer like. Xiù felt something moving behind her. She turned her quick was that a tail?! She jumped when she moved her tail it was a dragon like tail.
"No, no, no what is happening... I can't be seen like this."

"Is our family heritage kid" A unknown voice said.

Xiù quickly turned her head to se who was talking.. It was her relative.

"H-hui?" The dragon girl was on the edge of bursting into tears. She didn't now what was happening. She felt so many emotions at the moment.

----------
This is a bit short I know but it was a random idea I got and decided to write it down.