Chapter 6 - The Cafeteria

Start from the beginning

When the elevator door opens I can see Kikyo inside. She waved at me "Good morning!!"

"Morning!" I also smiled at her.

"Have you seen the school gossip wall?"

"Not yet. What happens?" It is just the second day of school. I don't think there is any material for gossip to grow.

"Well, A student confessed to a second-year student on the gossip wall."

"I commend his bravery to confess. But why the attention?

"Apparently the girl already has a boyfriend. Now the boyfriend is furious and searching for the anonymous student"

I shrugged my shoulder "Messy love life."

It is not mentioned in the story at all. So Kiyo didn't know about this. This means it is not important.

The class today only consists of the introduction, policies, and rules. 

hufftt.. boring

During lunchtime, Hirata asks the class to eat together."I was thinking of going to eat, does anyone want to come with me?"

"I'm going too~!"

 "Me too me too!"

Hirata felt a little left out by the boys so his eyes looked around searching for other boys "Is there someone else?"

Hirata and Kiyo's eyes meet."Umm, Ayanoko..." 

Hirata has not finished his words when Kei takes Hirata's arms "Hirata-kun, hurry up!"

Poor Kiyo, I guess it is time for me to step up.

"Ayanokouji-kun, do you want to go with us??"

He looked elated "Yes, I'm going."

Kiyo and Hirata looked at me with grateful eyes. The eyes they both send to me look like an abandoned puppy found its owner.

"Let's go~" We set out, walking to the cafeteria. 

Kiyo seems to want to walk beside Hirata. But, since Kei didn't let go of his arms. Kiyo looked awkward standing beside them.

In the end, he chooses to walk beside me. It was the Kikyo strike a conversation. "Unnn...Ayanokouji-kun..."

"Yes. What do you need?"

"Actually... I would like to ask you something. It's a short question, but Ayanokouji-kun, by any chance, are you on good terms with Horikita-san?"

"We're not particularly close. Just acquaintances. Did she do something?"

I retort her "If you want to get close to Horikita, you better give up. Saves up a lot of effort." 

Kikyo sure put a lot of hassle to do this. But since she also didn't have a pure intention of doing this, I also can't blame Horikita for being paranoid.

"I asked her contact yesterday. But Horikita refused to tell me... Since she talked to Ayanokouji-kun I thought you both close."

"We are not close so I can't help you. I think she's not very good at interacting with others. Why do you want to know about Horikita?"

"Fuun... so that's how it was. I'm a little worried since she seems didn't want to socialize with others... I thought you two were friends before coming to high school. Sorry for asking you a weird question out of the blue"

I put my hand on Kikyo's shoulder "Horikita give me her contact yesterday. If you want to get closer to her, I suggest you don't bother her. Then you help her when something happens."