º5

Shayla stood in front of her supervisor who was going on and on about how she is wasting time

Mino: Will you please focus on the numerous other files you have and leave the Taeyong case? Why haven't you closed it yet?

Shayla: Sir. I have found a small doubt. I just want to be sure. 

Mino: Doubt? What doubt?

Shayla opened her mouth to explain but was cut short when the door opened with a knock. Mino's secretary was here, reminding him for a meeting with the higher ups. Her supervisor got up, making her face him in a haste.

Shayla: Sir, it seems like a third party was the one who got rid of the CCTV not Taeyong.

Mino: But his finger prints were found. 

He said putting on his coat.

Shayla: Yes sir, but he couldn't have done-

Mino: Just shut it Shayla. Close the god damn case if you can't get solid proof.

He said before leaving the room. Once the door closed and Shayla ran a hand through her hair as she sighed loudly. 

Was she overthinking it?

But there was no way he could have done something. And just the way Taeyong acted right after the hit was questionable. 

She walked back to her office and watched the video again. 

A car was riding up the incline, where as Taeyong's car was coming down at an extreme speed before hitting the victim's car, sending it skidding over the edge. 

Taeyong got out of the car, peeping down the cliff before making eye contact with the camera. After that he walked away from there. 

Not a single phone call made. Not a single emotion. 

Shayla groaned, messing up her hair, confused as to what was happening. That was until she looked outside her office and saw Sicheng walking out of the visiting booths and heading to the exit. 

She hastily got off the seat and got to her door. 

Shayla: Dong Sicheng!

The male turned, raising an eyebrow at her but he made his way to her.

Sicheng: Yes?

Shayla: I maybe believe you.

Sicheng: What?

Looking around cautiously she motioned him to enter.

Shayla: Come in and i will explain. 

He looked confused but walked in. She followed him in and sat opposite to him.

Sicheng: What is it?

Shayla: I think you are right. I don't think Taeyong is entirely at fault. 

Sicheng: Tsk... who was kind enough to knock the sense into you?

Suddenly i don't feel like helping him.

Shayla: Sir, if you want my help, i recommend you be nicer. And FYI, i found out a clue on my own!

Sicheng: Fine. What is it?

I showed him the footage.

Sicheng: Your reasoning makes a lot of sense.

Shayla: glad we are on the same page. 

Sicheng: So does this mean you can get him out of jail?

Shayla: Not yet. Besides. His car still hit the victim's car.

Sicheng: Who are these victims?

Shayla: Go Doksu and Yang Inhye. The two were set to get married next month too. 

The door suddenly burst open making her flinch. Sicheng on the other hand turned calmly.

Shayla: Have you ever learnt to knock Huang?

Renjun: Apologies. Why is he here though? You had no meetings scheduled for today. 

Shayla: Well, we have one now. 

Renjun: Him?

Sicheng: I have a name.

Renjun: I don't bother knowing.

Shayla: Renjun- Be nice. And no. Not him. Get Taeyong.

 Get Taeyong