twenty-one.

Depuis le début

"Okay, so, Bob Clinton, he is our middleman from New York." Amanda stepped in, pointing to one of the pictures on the board, "Now, NCMEC tells us that he was getting victims from a youth center in Times Square. Now, a lot of the kids were actually funneled to New York from here in Chicago, and according to our talks with Clinton, there is a higher-up, a true shot-caller."

"Now, Clinton was gonna give us a name, but he didn't make it 24 hours in jail. Was shanked in the showers." Amaro added.

"We like Lewellen... for financing this whole thing. Ariella, Antonio, where we at with the shooter?" Voight looked over to the pair.

"Not much. Due to the poor quality, no matches in the face recognition database." Ariella shrugged.

"Best we got is male, white, around 5'9", dark hair, 170 pounds, give or take," Antonio added.

"So, patrol, you turn over every stone you can to get an I.D. on this guy." Voight looked over to Roman and Kim, who were standing toward the back of the bullpen.

"You got it, Sergeant." Kim nodded.

"Ruzek, Lewellen himself, where we at with that?"

"Got to all his main accounts. Nothing stood out except for payments to a Oakbrook Senior Community, Western suburbs. Comes in at, like, $5k a month." Adam explained.

"And that's relevant how?" Al posed a good question.

"Lewellen has no living relatives," Adam added.

"All right, Ruzek and Amaro, go check out this home," Voight instructed.

Adam grabbed his jacket and Amaro was ready to follow his lead when Trudy walked up the stairs, a solemn look on her face, "Some black badge covers in honor of Officer McCadden." She handed the badge covers to Nadia, who began passing them out to everyone.

"Ross was a husband and a father and one of my patrolmen. I assigned him to that hospital protection detail. He was supposed to be off the clock, but he needed the overtime for his daughter's tuition. So when you find the animal that killed him, and for whatever reason that animal doesn't come back alive, you call me. I'll dig the ditch." She said.

Ariella slipped the badge cover onto her badge and sighed, "All right. Let's hit it."

━━━

"Sergeant?" Nadia stood up from her desk with a piece of paper in her hands. After Adam called from the Senior home with a name, she got right to work.

"Yeah." Voight walked out of his office.

"Matilda Hughes is an employee for the Department of Children and Family Services." She handed over the piece of paper, letting him read over it as she continued, "I spoke with her boss. She's not at the office, and she's not answering her cell. This is her home address." She pointed.

"Beautiful." He nodded.

"On it." Jay grabbed his jacket, and wordlessly, Voight looked over to Ariella, who quickly got the message and grabbed her own jacket.

"No pets. Always pays the rent on time. Nice lady." Matilda's landlord told Jay and Ariella as he walked them down to Matilda's apartment.

"When's the last time you saw her?" Jay asked.

"Maybe three days ago." They both reached for their guns, "Maybe she's just of town." He suggested.

"Let's find out." Ariella nodded, and he made quick work of unlocking the door, "Stay here." She told the landlord.

"Matilda Hughes! Chicago police!" Jay shouted as he checked the first bedroom,
"Clear."

"Clear," Ariella announced before they both made their way into the living room. Once they got there, they slowly lowered their weapons once they saw Matilda Hughes laying dead on the carpet, a bullet hole in her cheek.