Chapter 3.

When the bell finally rang out, causing much commotion from my surrounding peers, I carefully stood, packing my backpack up. Doubling checking I had everything before walking out of my class. Carefully maneuvering my way through the halls with my house key in one hand, my coffee cup from that morning in the other, I had to duck occasionally to make sure the idiotic freshman throwing football's at each other didn't hit me. If there was one thing I hated more than the morning, it was school after the bell. Seriously, the people here seemed to act like wild animals who had just been let out of their cages.

Managing to finally make my way to the front door's of the school, I let out a sigh of relief as I busted through them with a few other student's and moved over into the grass away from the crowded area of student's. Taking a moment to feel how relieved I was that no one else was able to squash me, I finally managed to pull myself together and began making my way towards the student parking area. That is, until "Y/N!" The sound of my name rolling off the tongue of a slightly familiar male caused me to turn around. Towards the side of the school there stood Doctor Carlisle Cullen beside his car. Raising an eyebrow, I carefully began making my way over to the taller man slowly. "Doctor Cullen, may I help you?" A chuckle came from Carlisle. "You may actually. Alice had to leave early and since you aren't really use to any of the other siblings she felt better asking me to pick you up." His words caused me to nod. "Ah you didn't need to worry, I could have just taken the bus." Carlisle shook his head. "Please, I insist. Alice already sent me your address. She asked that I take you to pick up some items so you can spend the night at our house for the night. She's very eager to give this a trial run." Biting my lower lip I found myself going against my better judgement. "Alright," a smile came to Carlisle's face. Something about the twinkle that came into his eye told me that he was very happy with my answer.

Carlisle led me around to the passenger side of his car, opening the door like a typical gentleman, he offered his hand to me. "Watch your head, if you'll give me your back pack I'll place it into the back seat for you." I removed my backpack and handed it to the blonde that I now realized seemed to tower over me by almost a foot. Perhaps a bit more. Carlisle took it and once he was sure I was in he carefully shut my door and did as he said he would with my bag before circling around the car and climbing into the driver's seat. Both Carlisle and I buckled at the same time. Then once that was done, he started the ignition and began to drive. "How was school? You seem exhausted." Letting out a yawn, I let a nod escape to show Carlisle his observation was correct. "It was long. Tiresome, annoying." I replied as I turned my head to look out the passenger window. "I know, school these days is nothing like it was back when I was younger." I couldn't help but giggle as I replied. "That sentence alone makes you sound old." Carlisle let out a laugh at my response as I leaned my head against the window. Carlisle seemed to take notice and reached over turning the radio on. Within second's soft music seemed to feel the speakers of the car and it only fed into my tired like state. "If you wish to, take a nap Y/N. When we arrive at your house I'll wake you." Should I have gotten into this stranger's car? No. Should I be listening to his every word right now? Also no. But did something about him seem to relax me and feel me with a sense of trust in him? Yes. Yes it did. Carlisle seemed a bit like a gentle giant in some ways. Perhaps I was letting the fact that he was Alice's dad get in the way of better judgement. But, he didn't seem like the type of man who wanted to harm me. If anything, he felt safe. Oddly enough, he felt like someone I could relax around.

Soon enough I found myself slowly slipping off into a nap, and right beside me, was a man who definitely would most likely make his way into my dreams for the time being.

*Carlisle POV*

I looked over, noticing how peaceful Y/N now rested in the passenger seat of my car. Perhaps I was moving a little faster than I should be. However, I was tired of waiting. No, I have no intentions of harming Y/N. Nor do I plan on forcing them into anything uncomfortable. But did I manage to talk Alice into letting me have the rest of the day with her at home? Yes, yes I did. Of course I was ready in my own mind to feel Y/N in on everything that I only wished I could tell her. However, I wouldn't hurt her. I wouldn't overwhelm her. I still needed to establish a complete trusting relationship with her. I needed to make sure she was relaxed and very aware of what she herself wanted. In the mean time I wish to create an environment where she can feel safe and protected. I wish to have her over as much as possible in order to ensure her safety. At least now I can finally see her, talk to her and that by far is enough for me.

As I turned down the road that would take me to her house, I noticed the way her body seemed to flinch in her sleep. At first, I brushed it off as perhaps she had just experienced some sort of twitch. However, the way her breathing picked up began telling me all I needed to know. "Y/N? Y/N? Can you hear me?" A quiet whimper left the lips of the Y/H/C girl beside me as she tugged at her seat belt. "Y/N," I questioned again as she flinched in her sleep once more. Seeing her house come into view, I sped up a bit and pulled into the driveway. Cutting the car off, I unbuckled and turned in my seat at that time, Y/N gasped quietly as her eyes shot open and she attempted moving herself away from me. "Y/N!" I exclaimed as I shot for my hand falling behind her hand to prevent it from hitting against anything that might hurt her. "Y/N it was just a dream darling. Your safe." For a moment there was silence as her eyes glanced around. "It's okay love, see? We're at your house. You're with me. We're safe." Finally her eyes met mine and I she let out a quiet breath. Now the relief radiated off of her. "I-I'm sorry. I-  um - I don't-" shaking my head I carefully moved back and reached down grabbing her hand. "You don't need to apologize, you're only human. It happens." For a moment she seemed to relax, her hand beginning to grip onto mine. "Would you like me to go in with you?" I watched as her eyes trailed from me to the front door causing her to slowly nod. "Please?" With her consent I was the first one out then I made sure her door was open. Letting her out so we could walk up. "Feel any better?" Y/N nodded which made made feel a bit better. What she had been dreaming had shaken her nerves a bit. However, now she seemed to be feeling a bit better.