Then, Akashi reached her and she gasped when his hands gently cupped her cheeks and he kissed her.

    She still had her eyes widened when he pulled back and put several kisses on her cheeks and forehead.

    The girl couldn't believe it. 

    She sure wasn't expecting it.

    But it all made sense now. 

   The way Rakuzan looked calmer, Akashi bowing his head to them, that gentle smile, his soft touches, the kisses on the forehead.

    That could mean only one thing.

    "Sei?" she asked carefully and Akashi looked at her with a soft smile.

    "Yes, my love, it's me. I'm right here." He told her and her (E/C) eyes filled with tears instantly.

    She cupped his cheeks to look at him carefully and Akashi's arms came around her waist. Now that they were looking at each other's eyes, she could see that his were the same color. They were both red.

   There was no doubt.

    The one in front of her was the real Akashi Seijuro.

    He came back.

    She wasn't expecting it at all. She thought only losing the game would be enough to bring him back. But here he was.

    The boy caught a tear on her cheek with his thumb.

    "I- I can't believe this. It's . . . it's you. Are you ok?" she cried softly and Akashi chuckled at her words.

    After everything, she was asking him if he was ok.

    Well, she couldn't help it. The shock and mental strain he just went through because of Kagami and Kuroko were strong to the point of changing him back. Of course she would ask if he was ok, and that made him love her even more.

    "Yes, I'm ok." He said before putting another kiss on her lips. Then he looked at her again, a pained look in his red eyes. "(Y/N), I'm so sorry." He apologized, but the girl shook her head with a smile.

    "It doesn't matter right now. It's . . . it's alright." She said gently and he smiled at her kindness.

    But she was right. This was no time or place for them to have this conversation. The match still had to go on. They would continue their reunion later.

    At that moment, Kuroko approached them, his blue eyes showing how confused he was. Akashi was acting weird and he wanted to know what was happening.

    "(Y/N), Akashi-kun." He called and the couple looked at him.

    Akashi smiled at him and spoke first, his arm still around (Y/N).

    "It's been a while, Kuroko." The red haired greeted gently, his expression calm and nice, like he was meeting an old friend.

    Kuroko gasped in shock.

    Both Kuroko and (Y/N) noticed how he addressed him by his last name. He hadn't done that ever since he changed.

    And with that, Kuroko realized Akashi had gone back to his original self.

    The sweet moment came to an end when Rakuzan's coach called Akashi back to the bench. They still had things to discuss before the match continued.

    Before going back, Akashi smiled at (Y/N) again and she smiled at him.

    "It's almost over." Akashi said, referring to the game. "I'll give my best to win, (Y/N)." he told her gently.