Running on the Beach at Night (Chapter 7)

Start from the beginning

 My door opens, but i dont even look up to see who it is. "Hunny?" I hear my mom's voice, "What in the world are you doing?"

 I look back at my mom, she looked concerned. "Nothing Tammy. Nothing.." I put my face back towards my bed.

 "Samantha, I think i can tell when something is wrong with my baby girl." She sits on my bed and rubs my back. She was concerned? I was the concerned one. I can think of one time that she has actually acted concerned about me. Once. That was when dad passed. "Samantha?"

 I turned over and leaned up, "Grant asked me on a date."

 Her face was sarcastic, "Oh, Samantha... That's terrible!"

 "No, mom. Its not that."

 "Well....What is it Sam?" She looked at me confused.

 Well let's see, I am totally in love with my best friends brother that is engaged. Oh, and he took my virginity. I cant seem to get him off my mind, not even for a second; Which in fact, is ruining something with Grant that could be amazing......Not that i could tell my mother that. But that pretty much sums it up.

 I stand up from my bed, and i pace the floor of my room in front of my mother. She watches my curiously.

 "Your really starting to worry me."

 "Say, I have this friend." I was trying to put this into words the best way i possibly could without giving away that i was this so called "friend".

 My mother nods, "Okay, you have this friend?"

 "..and lets just say that this friend has this other friend that has an extremely cute brother."

 "Okay, so you have a friend, that has a friend, that has a hot brother. Got it."

 "So this friend, is very protective of the brother and doesn't want any friends being with him but the brother wants to be with the friend..I think." I waved my hands all around, trying to get out what i was trying to say.."But the friend slept with friends bother. The other friend doesn't know that though. And this other friend is trying to get with the first friend. The friend just doesn't know what to do about the other friend." I finally took a breath."..Or the friends brother." I was speaking so fast, I could hardly understand myself. I smile though, it felt so good to get that out.

 My mother sat in silence for a moment and looked me like i've gone crazy. I think i even confused myself a little bit.

 Maybe i am going crazy, that would be so easier to say.

 Still sitting there, she finally responds.."So, which friend slept with the friends brother?'

 I stop pacing and drop my arms, "The friend!"

 "Yes, but which on hunny?"

 God knows she means well.

 I sigh, "Nevermind mom."

 She stands up from the bed and walks towards me. Putting her hand on my forehead, she says "Samantha, are you feeling okay?"

 "I'm fine" I stomp off and face plant into the bed one again.

 My mom walks out the door, "I'm glad we talked baby girl."

 Yeah, yeah, yeah. I lay there for a while. I may have fallen asleep, but the buzz from my back pocket woke me up.

 One new message from Izzy Bradford

  How you feeling this morning alcoholic? Haha.

 I groan, as i text her back.