Beauty Queen

Piper McLean, beauty queen.

Piper stared at the piece of paper in her hand. A piece of paper that with just a few words discounted all that she was working for. All that she was trying to be. She didn't want to be a queen. She didn't want to be seen as only beautiful. She wanted to be heard! And a beauty queen was only seen.

Piper took a deep breath and continued reading, it was a letter from her cabin at Camp Half-blood. It was sweet, just updates and questions about her whereabouts and how she was doing, and yet the ache of beauty queen tainted the page.

Little things such as this had always happened to her. She hadn't even noticed the bite behind them until she was older. Piper was Cherokee, indigenous, or Native American/Indian, whatever you wanted to call it, she couldn't even declare her race without an argument of what was right.

Her father wanted nothing to do with it, and yet he still could not escape. Neither of them could. There was also the question, did they want to? Piper and her father were in a position of power. Tristan McLean was famous. He had made it to the top, and it was his decison now to reach back for the ones he had left behind; and he hadn't done it.

Piper could bearly remember the haritage that her Grandpa Tom had given her, only spidersilk to pull on if she ever wanted to know more. She had nothing to shout if she ever want to use her voice. That hurt her more than she wanted to admit, and the hurtful words that people unconcesly spoke duge it in more.

Piper carefully tucked the letter into the bedside drawer of her Grandpa's cabin, and went to see if her girlfriend was free for a picnic.

Hey everyone I just wanted to bring attention to how the Riordanverse Fandom is treating Piper; she isn't a classic mean girl, guys. Piper literally took charge of the Aphrodite cabin to stop her siblings from acting like that. Please stop having her steal guys, dress up, and be the ultimate shipper. I know it feels good to project what you think a goddess of love's child would act like onto Piper, but she is an amazing character in her own right. I think we might have forgotten that.

-CinnamonRollBoss (Philo S. W.)