Chapter 5

Zion Sullivon

"You keep on ignoring me. I am hurt," he came again the next day.

Hell no! I was just about to forget the distasteful events of that day. I didn't even get the time to recall what exactly happened that night. Not that I dreaded recalling it or something, well maybe I did. I don't want to remember how I screamed like a bitch under some random dude. Oh, this is so going in my "wildest memory" diary.

"Well, I am a busy man. I have work to attend to. So, see ya," I said as I was about to leave. He suddenly caught hold of my left hand. "Hey, don't leave me hanging like last time," he said with a fake pout.

"You!" I soon realized that I might have yelled a bit too loudly. It caused me to get a few stares directed at me. I gave them an apologetic nod and turned my attention to this fucker.

"You better not mention these things in public," I whisper-yelled.

"Then you better not leave me hanging," he said, mimicking me.

"You son of a—"

"AAAAAAAAAA IT'S VALENTINO RHODES," a girl screeched near my ears, almost making my eardrums burst. This time we got a lot of stares. Soon, that stalker got surrounded by a crowd of girls, all swooning over him. Imagine a stalker having so many stalkers. Sweet.

I took this golden opportunity to flee from the situation and went to find Silas. He was sitting at the cornered table. Perfect! I wouldn't have to meet that jerk again.

I took a seat across the table from Silas.

"So what's your deal with that hot shot?" Silas asked, curiosity painted all over his face.

"What? Him? A hot shot?" I asked, amused. I mean, he did have the looks, but a "hot shot," pfft, no way.

"God, Zion! How do you not know?! He's Valentino Rhodes, the CEO of Doceo Ltd., a multinational company. They deal with drug supply for medicinal purposes. He started at a very young age and was one of the youngest CEOs in the world. Remember case 39 those rape cases where the poor girls were drugged and violated? We suspected the drugs belonged to his company, but his reports were clean, and we soon found the culprit," Silas narrated, filling me in on all the information he knew. So, I slept with a potential drug lord. Wonderful.

"Now, how and when did you get so close with Valentino?" Silas asked, his curiosity piqued once again.

"Just met him at the club. Had a small chat, and I guess he recognized me and came over to have a chat or something," I said, trying to downplay the encounter.

"He might meet a lot of people every day. How come he remembers a random stranger he met at a club? And you seemed very agitated while talking to him," Silas observed, his brow furrowing in suspicion. Damn it! He seemed to be onto something. After a long pause, he looked me dead in the eye and asked, "Is he blackmailing you?"

Oh shit, thank God he thinks that.

"No, Silas, you're making a big deal out of it. There's nothing much to it. He might have recognized me since we just met recently. He might forget about me within a few days, hopefully," I said, the last part coming out quite sheepishly.

He seemed to buy it for now. He nodded, and we ended up having our meal, courtesy of Mirium.

Soon, we headed to our office. I went to my work desk, running a background check on all the possible acquaintances of Fisher. The most fascinating part of my job is the disguises. Understanding someone and disguising accordingly is an art. You need to study them and dress according to their social status or people they could acquaint with regularly so as not to raise any suspicion.

I was currently looking through the data I had received on a few athletes.

James Cadwell

A famous athlete. He had won first places in two marathons, and a silver in Olympics. He is indeed a big deal. No such records on intake of drugs. Though a person under his agency framed him into drug trafficking. But he won the lawsuit with his skilled lawyers. Seems like I'll be paying him a visit soon. He has an interview scheduled on 6 June on behalf of the BBC sports channel. Perfect.

Mark Howard

A famous pole vaulter. Won gold three times in a row in the State Championship league. A bronze in the National Championship. Pole vaulting needs extreme stamina, balance, and speed. He had been suspended from a Championship league because he was under the influence of a drug. This occurred around the year 2016. Ever since then, there had been a downfall in his career. It only makes it logical for him to get such drugs to reboot his career.

Everest Coltrane

An international level swimmer. Two times silver and one time gold champion. He had been taken into custody of the local police department due to charges of drug intake. Broken ampoules and used syringes were found in his room when he had passed out in his hotel room before the competition.

Yehuda Ogden

A racer. Three bronze in the internal racing league. Known as a notorious playboy. He is seen with a new partner every week. It had been evident on numerous occasions that he had been buying drugs to increase his sexual drive.

Well, that was all the information I had. I need to know from whom they had been getting their drug supplies, track those people down, and if we are fortunate enough, get a few leads on Fisher. Even if we don't get any leads on Fisher, I will get the dealers arrested either way.

28 May, the 43rd case of ISACO aka "International Secret Agency of Crime and Order," starts now. Let's see where this case takes us.

"Bzzzzzzt," my phone vibrated as I received a message.

Boss:Interrogations start from tomorrow. I have got you guys your warrants.