Lost, but together.

Start from the beginning

"I'm not sure if it'll work, but I can try. It sends out distress signals to some of the others, but we haven't tested it in a while."

"I don't care, just..please. try it." Lucy's voice went weak and quiet. A tone Emmet hadn't heard from her before.

Tough people can feel physical pain, even someone as tough as Lucy. Emmet thought.

"Alright." He said

As Emmet began to send signals, he heard Lucy make small wincing noises.

"You hanging in okay?" Emmet asked her. He hoped she didn't find him annoying right now, he was trying to sound like he knew help was coming.

"I...I'll live, but I'm not feeling very well, to be honest with you" Emmet brushed a stray tear out of her eye as she rested her tilted head on his hand. Her expression looked more calm then before, however.

As minutes went by, he was losing hope.

"Do you think anyone's coming?" She asked.

"I hope.."

The two once more heard another rustle from nearby bushes, they froze up, then relaxed when they heard Unikitty and Scribble Cop calling out their names.

"Lucy!" Unikitty cried out, once seeing the state she was in.

"Unikitty! Scribble Cop!" The couple called out.

Scribble Cop picked Lucy up carefully as the four rushed back to town.

-----

After a few bandages and lots of rest, Lucy slowly recovered.

"Turns out your signal thing worked after all." She spoke in a monotone voice. Finding herself stuck in bed all day was not her idea of fun. The only thing she enjoyed was Emmet's constant company, as nobody could trust her alone, she was sure she was stable enough to start working again. But, she had to wait another night.

"Yeah. Thanks for what you did back there, uh, sorry for being a bit dramatic."

"It's fine, I'm just glad you made it out alive."

Lucy chuckled.

"Did you really think I was gonna die??" She asked in disbelief.

"Uhmmm...maybe?" He said.

"Oh my god, Emmet- I'm alright!" She began to laugh.

"You looked like you were in lots of pain!" He defended himself.

"I was, but I wouldn't die in front of you."

"Really?"

"Yeah, cause you'd be more upset."

"You do have a point.."

"....."

"Oh come on Ems, we're gonna be fine. That situation was a one time thing." She looked up at him fondly, once she realized he was a bit distressed by the thought of death.

"Thanks.."

"I love you, alright? No matter what I say in the future." She kissed his forehead.

"I.. I love you too." He smiled, genuinely, this time.

A/N

have this unrelated drawing I did a month ago

ok bye!!!! ilya /p ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️