31| 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫

☆.。.:* 𝓚𝓪𝓶𝓪𝓻𝓲 .。.:*☆

・‥...━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━...‥・

☆◦ 。\|/。◦☆

Enjoy the chapter!!

☆◦ 。/|\。◦☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

I threw Tanjiro on my back and sprinted as far as I could before blacking out, last thing I had seen was the whole city crumbling. I held on tight to Tanjiro's body as I felt myself losing footing and crashing into the dirt.

───────✧❁✧───────

"Yuuto..? Nezuko..?" I whispered; Yuuto was lightly shaking my shoulders with tears welling up in his eyes, while Nezuko had a worried expression on her face.

They both had a rope around their mouths to replace the muzzles. I was taken aback when I felt tiny arms latch onto me, my little brother began to cry, I didn't think I'd worry him this much.

"I'm alright Yuuto." I sent a gentle smile at him, placing my hand on his head

The tears suddenly stopped flowing out of his eyes, instead, he wrapped his arms around my head. Small pieces of laughter fell from my lips as I hugged my younger brother back.

I slowly sat up and spotted Tanjiro lying right next to me. I examined his face, remembering he'd gotten poisoned. My legs felt numb, so I had to crawl to his side. I brought him into my arms, one of my hands on the back of his maroon hair and the other resting on his side.

"Please.. be okay.. wake up.." I mumbled

"..uuuh.. Y/n..?" Tanjiro weakly spoke

"You're awake! Thank the gods!" My tears fell onto his uniform, and seeing his bloodied face worried me more.

"Are you okay?! You didn't get poisoned, right?!" Tanjiro quickly sat up, and his hands were softly placed on my cheeks.

"I'm alright.. but look at you; you aren't!" I wiped the blood on his forehead. For some reason, his burn mark seemed bigger than before.

"As long as you're okay, it doesn't matter! I was scared when I saw you fighting that demon alone. I thought I would lose you!" Salty tears made their way out of his irises before the kind boy brought me into his embrace, I paused for a moment, also letting out small sniffles after I'd wrapped my arms around him as well.