011

LET ME KISS YOU
Jack's Point of View
📍Newark, New Jersey
November 2021

It's 12 at night, and I was just about to go to bed when I hear a knock at my door. It's too dark to see who it is on my ring camera.

I open the door, to find Lia standing there. She has nothing with her but the tote bag she uses every day and her phone.

"Are you okay?" Unless something's wrong, I have no reason why she would be here at midnight. She doesn't answer, instead she just walks inside.

I close the door and lock it again. "Lia, look at me." She turns around, a few feet of space between us.

"Why-"

"I love you." She blurts out. She came here, from Michigan to tell me this? I mean, I appreciate the gesture, but it's late and something is telling me this was an impulsive decision to come here.

"Lia... you came all the way here just to tell me that?"

"Yeah."

"Lia, I'm happy that you're here, but I'm really confused."

"Can I kiss you? A-and not some on the cheek bullshit, either. Can I actually kiss you, for real this time?" She closes the gap between us.

This is really about to happen. She's standing there in her Umich hoodie with her hair falling into place like dominoes.

But for once in my life, I need to be logical. I can't fuck this up. "What'll happen after this?"

She rolls her eyes and sighs. "Do we have to talk about that right now?"

"Yes, we do." I say. "Because I need to know what's going to happen after this happens." I motion between us.

"What do you think happens after people kiss, Jack?"

"No, no, no. I've seen too many movies where things go south after they kiss."

"But this isn't a movie. It's you and me, second chance with some childhood best friend, remember?"

"Yeah."

"So...." She lightly pressed her body against mine, making her look up at me when she talks. "Can I kiss you now?"

"Hell yeah." She wraps her arms around the back of my neck, drawing me closer to her. My arms find themselves around her waist.

There's no other way to describe it as anything but pure bliss. This is everything I've been dreaming of since I was twelve, but better. I don't know how that's possible, but it's Lia. Why wouldn't everything be better than I thought it would be?

I feel her start to pull away, but I pull her back in for just a couple more seconds, I know she has to leave after this.

"Jack." She takes her arms from around my neck and moves them to my chest, separating herself from me. "I want to stay, but I can't, I'm sorry."

"I know." I say. "Text me when you get back, okay?" She nods. She has one hand on the door handle, then impulse takes over.

I grab the hand that isn't on the door handle to bring her closer to me. My other hand quickly finds her cheek and I kiss her again.

This isn't like the first kiss we had. I, I don't know how to explain it. It's just.. it feels different.

"Jack, you're making me not want to leave." She says putting space between us again.

"So don't." I state.

"I have class, Jack." She says. "I'll be back next weekend, okay?"

"Fine." I roll my eyes. But I can't stay mad because she gets on her toes and gives me another short kiss.

I close the door behind her. "Holy shit!" I can't help but be excited. I've wanted this, her, for so long and now I finally have her. And I never plan on letting her go.

lia 💐

i heard that, you know

no you didn't

"HOLY SHIT!"

i saw a spider

you liar

i plead the fifth

ig i'm just that good of
a kisser then

6/10

fuck you

if you insist ;)

home dogs

cheese

trev
huh?

nico
OH SHIT

mercdawg
CODE WORD

coley c
SHIPPED HAS SAILED

trev
JIANA IS REAL

timo
i'm trying to sleep

timo
OH SHIT

timo
IM UP HOLY FUCK

mikey
HOW DID IT HAPPEN

lukey boy
keep out the sex part please

quinny
i second that

we didn't have sex, she came over
i didn't even know she was, and
she said some stuff, then we kissed
then she left

lukey boy
what did she say??

timo
probably doesn't remember

trev
it's jack, he's going to
remember

i'm keeping it to myself but i will
say, an 'i love you' was involved

coley c
y'all are so cute, i'm
gonna throw up

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

this is so 1D coded