Part 8: Waking Up

Zihao woke up to the sound of his alarm, feeling groggy after staying up late studying with Haruto. He rubbed his eyes and checked his phone. It was already 6:30 am, and he had to leave soon for his final exam.

He quietly got dressed and went to the living room, where he found Haruto still sleeping on the couch. Zihao smiled softly and leaned down to give him a gentle kiss on the forehead.

"Good morning, sleepyhead," he whispered. "I have to go now, my exam is at 7."

Haruto stirred and opened his eyes, looking up at Zihao with a sleepy smile. "Good luck on your exam," he said, his voice husky from sleep.

Zihao leaned down and kissed him gently on the lips. "Thanks, I'll do my best," he said, his hand lingering on Haruto's cheek. "And thanks for studying with me last night. It was really helpful."

Haruto smiled and rubbed his cheek against Zihao's hand. "Anytime, I had fun," he said, feeling a warm flush spread across his cheeks.

Zihao chuckled softly and stood up, grabbing his backpack. "I'll see you later," he said, giving Haruto one last smile before heading out the door.

Haruto watched him go, feeling a little sad that their study-date had to end so soon. But he knew that Zihao had to focus on his exam, and he wished him all the best. As he got up to go to his own exam, he couldn't help but think about Zihao and how much he had grown to care for him in such a short time.