xiv. day thirteen

Start from the beginning

a siamese cat with bright blue eyes peered through the window, staring at the both of you. you were melting on the spot, itching to pet the kitty.

"welcome to tails in tea," the gentleman spoke softly, smiling brightly. "how many are in your party?"

"only two. i have a reservation," you said, pulling out your phone to show the receipt.

he nodded in understanding. "perfect! let me grab my wife real quick and we'll get you both right on in."

the gentleman walked through the back door, leaving you and shoto alone. you glanced at shoto with pure excitement in your eyes and he couldn't help but smile.

"look!" you grabbed shoto's arm with one hand and pointed with the other, "they're all staring at us!"

through the glass were about four different cats with cute collars staring curiously at you and shoto. you waved at them as they only blinked in response.

shoto's gaze was on the cats, but his mind was racing. your hand was wrapped around his arm, willingly he may add. butterflies flew all throughout his stomach at the action, only craving more contact from you.

if you heard his heartbeat, he would've ended himself right then and there.

"aren't the two of you just beautiful?" a raspy voice spoke from behind.

both of your heads turned to be greeted by an older woman with her grey hair tied into a loose bun. "my name is hanato kokoro, and this is my husband hanato gou. welcome to our cat café!"

you smiled at the elderly couple. "my name is l/n y/n and this is todoroki shoto," you introduced. shoto gave a small bow to the couple, greeting them.

she beamed at your names, nodding. "let us take you inside to the cats and we'll order your food soon after."

both of you nodded in agreement, following the couple through the glass door. the lady shooed the curious cats crowding the door, pushing through them all. each one of them mewed, following the elderly couple.

they led shoto and you to two sage-green cushioned chairs with a white coffee table in the middle. you both sat on either chair, thanking the elderly couple.

immediately, a brown cat with white spotting jumped up onto shoto's lap, purring upon the contact. you chuckled as he stared at the feline, scared to touch it.

mrs. hanato smiled warmly, clasping her hands together. "i'll go fetch you two some water to start!" she skedaddled somewhere in the back, mr. hanato following closely behind.

the two of you were now alone, minus the 10 or so cats surrounding the area.

the spotted cat in shoto's lap continued to purr, rubbing it's head on the left side of his torso. shoto's hand slowly grasped the cat's collar, reading it's name.

"teriyaki?" he questioned aloud. you snorted,
picking up a ginger kitten from beside you. "corn," you read aloud, placing the kitten on your lap.

"are they all named after food?" shoto asked, glancing down at the purring cat rubbing against his left leg. he bent his body over and grabbed the cat's collar.