44: The Housekeeper's Battle

(Uh, movie title moment)

-Fighting

Thoma breathed heavily, holding his polearm as he had clashed with the girl a few times. His cheek was scratched, four little claw marks with thin lines of blood running down his face. It was hard to get a hit in her. This couldn't have been a human.

"Thoma-Kun.. Why don't you fight...?" The girl acted though like she were from a horror movie. She laughed in two tones, like there were two voices. Suddenly, she jumped at Thoma, nails sharp and ready to strike.

Thoma blocked her. But then her lightweight caused her to glide over him, holding his polearm as she hopped off.

He looked up at the shrine. The building they were recently in was broken open. The girl had launched the two of them out. Thoma tried his best to get the innocent bystanders out of there before the possessed one hurt them.

"Who are you?" Thoma questioned.

The girl laughed. She suddenly charged at him again. And this time.. she got a hit in. Thoma failed to block again, which resulted in his collarbone being scratched. He groaned in agony, his blood dripping on the ground.

"You're not much of a fighter, Chief Retainer.." The girl's limbs stretched, back arched as she stared at Thoma. She was like some kind of spider with long legs. So creepy..

How does she know about me? Has she been watching the Yashiro Commission? Thoma questioned how he was identified. He spun his polearm to his side, blocking a sudden attack.

His wrist got scratched by the blow. If this keeps up.. he'll have high risks of succumbing to blood loss.

Quickly, Thoma put his hand over the wound, using heat to stop the bleeding. He squeezed his eyes shut from the pain, resisting the urge to cry out in pain. The wound sizzled, but the bleeding stopped.

"You have a quick mind. Can't say the same for your fighting skills." The girl whispered.

Thoma was silent. But then he looked at her. A little smile was on his face.

"I could say the same for you too." He said.

Suddenly the girl's arm split. However it didn't bleed, it came off clean. She was surprised to see that it came off. The wound looked like it was already rotting. Could this girl be some kind of zombie?

Thoma rushed at her with her guard down. He spun his polearm engulfed in flames, and struck her. His weapon stabbed through her torso quite easily, like he was puncturing wool.

The girl slid down the polearm purposefully. Her hand grasping his shoulder as she gets face to face with him, as if she were about to bite his nose off.

Thoma managed to get her away, tossing her away as his polearm left her body. Are the flames even doing anything? She isn't in pain at all..

He did take an arm from her, but she doesn't seem to care. Or mind. Already dead, she looked like. That must have been true.. What else could explain her body movement.

If she keeps moving after getting her arm cut off, I must need to cut off her other limbs. Thoma looked at his polearm. There was dead skin all over it after stabbing her.

Suddenly weird little tentacles flew at him. Thoma lifted his weapon to block them.

But they weren't aiming for him. Instead, they grabbed the arm that was cut off, and quickly pulled it back to the girl. Her arm reconnected, and she was back to being full.

Thoma's eyes widened. He was surprised to see that she could heal, despite being a dead person. How was he going to defeat her now? But then he took a second look at her arm that was cut off.