❛𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐘❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

12 hours ago

"He really is a sailor. He actually drowned." the elderly man said looking at the body of the sailor.

"He drowned? In that toilet" Ji Ah questioned, shocked.

"Ugh, I pulled him out with my own hands. Look. His belly is as big as a mountain." the elderly man stated, gesturing at the body.

"Ugh, he's been drinking water all day long, and..." he got interrupted by a noise.

Ji Ah stood up and requested to the old man. "Please call the police now and shut this bathroom down."

The man sighed and took out his phone, mumbling. "Human lives are so vain.

He dialled the number and brought the phone towards his ear. "He's been living a hard life, and..."

"What do you mean?" Ji Ah asked, curious.

"You know, when the fishing boat Eunha flipped. He was on that boat with him." the man revealed.

She looked at the body and asked, "Then he was with Pyung Hee's father?"

"Yeah, four people got on, including Mr. Seo." he revealed dialling the police station again.

"Ah, is this the police station?" the man asked as someone picked up and walked outside to talk.

Ji Ah looked at the body and quickly wrote some points in her book. As she was writing Yeon entered the bathroom drinking banana milk while Hye Jin stood outside the room to escape the foul smell.

"Oh, it must've been a special night." Yeon said walking towards the body to recoil from the smell. "Ugh! Eww!"

Hye Jin laughed at his reaction causing Yeon to give her a side eye. "Come stand where I am and then we will see who laughs." Yeon said rolling his eyes.

"No thanks I don't want to abuse my nose." Hye Jin said with mock smile.

"But seriously, that smell is so bad." Yeon said covering his nose.

"What smell?" Ji Ah asked.

"That fishy smell." Yeon replied.

Ji Ah sniffed the air and frowned. "What fishy smell?"

"He smells like rotten fish or something." Yeon replied trying not to breathe through his nose.

"Come on, the body hasn't started to decay yet." Ji Ah said glancing at the body and sniffing again but didn't notice any foul smell.

"Ugh, damn it." Yeon shoved his banana drink in Hye Jin's hand and while covering his nose, crouched down to look at the body closely as he noticed something.

He held the man's hand which was in a fist and forced it open to see a ball of hair. As he examined it, Ji Ah crouched down beside him to look at it.

"Hair?" Ji Ah questioned. She looked at the body and said, "But he has grey hair."

"The smell of the sea and..." Yeon trailed off as he smelled the hair. He gagged at the smell and continued saying, "a faint smell of the blanket from that house is mixed into it."

Ji Ah frowned and spoke. "That house? You mean Pyung Hee's house?"

Yeon didn't say anything and handed Ji Ah the hair and grimaced as he could still faintly smell it.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

Ji Ah whipped out her phone to search the article regarding the missing sailors of Eunha ship. As the three peered at the screen and saw the picture of the three men, wrapped with blankets after they were rescued.

"This man," Yeon pointed at the picture on the screen. "It's him." he then pointed at the body without looking at it.

"Total of four sailors were in the sunken Eunha." Ji Ah started to explain. "Three of them came back alive.

"And the remaining came back as a skull." Yeon said, the straw still in his mouth. Ji-Ah nodded her head as a confirmation to Yeon's theory.

"Looks like this man won't be the last one." Yeon said looking at the body.

"Are you saying that more people can die?"

Yeon just nodded his head while sipping on his banana milk which is apparently endless. Hye Jin had been looking at it from the start when he brought it till now and can not understand if it really is endless or that Yeon is sipping it really slowly.

"Then we should be doing this."  Ji Ah said shoving her book in her bag.

"What?"

"We have to go stop it." Ji Ah started, determination in her voice.

"I don't want to." he simply said.

Ji Ah frowned and confusingly exclaimed. "What?"

"It's bothersome." he said shrugging. "It's not my job, either. And I don't like any is their looks."

"Also it won't be worth it." Hye Jin quietly mumbled but Yeon heard it but decided to ask about it later when they are alone.

"Ugh, please." Ji Ah said pulling Yeon by his sleeve and dragging him outside while Hye Jin followed behind them.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

POSTED: May 19, 2023
EDITED: August 03, 2023
WORDS: 837