Chapter 3

As the weeks went on, Y/N had settled in her new home. She even settled in her new job too. Her colleagues were friendly too. But Mr Rogers was a little too friendly. Always asking Y/M out for dinner. Commenting on how beautiful she is. Even on how amazing it is to have a woman coach the basketball team.

"So, there is this new place that has just opened up outside of town." He told her as Y/N was checking the air level of all of the basketballs. "You know, it could be a date." He told her with hopeful eyes.

"Steve, you seem like a real nice guy but." Y/N turned to face him. "I don't play for your team." He looked at her confused. "I am a lesbian. I am attracted to women." Y/N told him with a smile.

"Oh." He whispered as realisation dawned on his face. "I'm sorry." He quickly turned away. Heading towards the exit.

"Hey Steve!!" Y/N called after him. "It's ok. I won't mention this to anyone." She told him.

"Thank you Y/N." He smiled before leaving the gym.

The team soon piled in the gym. So Y/N was stood before a bunch of teenagers. All of them lined up. Ready to start training.

"Ok, the first game of the season is on Friday." Y/N told them all. "Coach Barnes and I expect each of you to show up to every training session. Work as a team, but there is one thing I do not tolerate." All of them watched Y/N. "Bullying. If I hear so much of an offensive word coming out of your mouth, you will have a one match ban. I don't care if you have scouts coming. Or if this is all you have. I want you all to be a team."

"Oh come on." A few of them muttered as Y/N smirked.

"16/60s. On the line. Now." Y/N yelled out. "If one person doesn't finish in time. Everyone starts again." Coach Barnes started the timer as the two stood and watched.

"Do you think this will help?" James asked her as she nodded.

"Discipline is one of the main factors that can come out of a successful sports programme." Y/N told him. "I used to coach at my old high school after I had my accident. Whitey. He was my high school coach. Shown me what it was to be a person. He was more of a father than my biological father. So it worked then. It will work now."

Barnes only nodded as the two continued to watch as the team completed their 16/60s. Once they had finished Y/N decided to bring the balls.

"I read your stats from last season. Just be honest, I cried harder than my best friend cried at the end of Armageddon." Y/N told them. "All season you scored 48 points and only 10 of them were free throws!! That is unacceptable! So I want each of you to line up. The first on the free throw line. If you get it in, to the back of the line. If you miss. Do a lap." Y/N watched as everyone split off into two lines on either end of the court.

After 20 minutes everyone was doing laps around the court. Y/N shook her head in shame before she blew her whistle.

"I am shocked that none of you can throw a damn free throw!" She yelled as they all lined up. Red in the face and out of breath. "The first thing we are going to do every practice is work on our free throws. That is the first thing we will do. No drills. No plays. Free throws. If you don't improve by the time our second game of the season arrives I am going to have to reopen for tryouts and everyone isn't secure!" All of them groaned as Y/N sighed. "10 suicides. To the base line!"

Y/N left them in the hands of Bucky as she went to her office. Finding the tapes of the games from the last season. Starting to watch each game.

"So, are we going to end up starting from scratch?" James asked as he joined Y/N who paused the game.

"Maybe not." Y/N said as she pointed to the screen. "The positions are all wrong. Your last coach didn't play to their strengths. Look at Peter Parker. He is a Point Guard but he is better as a Small Forward. He's quick with the ball. Easy to get it from one end to get the assist."

As the night went on, both Y/N and James went through the whole team. Rearranging the positions. Playing to each of their strengths.

"How was practice?" Wanda asked as Tommy walked in. Placing his bag down before going and getting a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Shit." He grumbled, causing Wanda to gasp.

"Tommy. You know we don't use that language." She scolded him. Tommy sighed before he turned to face his mum.

"I'm sorry mama. It's just all we practically done today was run and run. No drills or anything." Tommy told her as Billy smirked.

"That's because none of you could even get the ball through the hoop." Billy teased as Tommy threw his bottle at him.

"Boys! Behave now." Wanda scolded the two of them. "Tommy, I am sure that Coach Y/L/N had a reason to run practice the way she did. After all she did get a few state championships under her belt."

"I remember hearing that she had an accident. That's why she became a coach." Billy stated like it was everyday news.

"I do not appreciate the gossip Billy." Wanda told him as she plated up their food. Leaving Vision's on the stove.

"When's dad coming home?" Tommy asked her. Wanda just smiled at him.

"He's just running a little late." She told him. Tommy just nodded. Looking down at his plate. Wanda then started to ask them more about their day. Hoping to lift their spirits a little more.

As the twins were upstairs. Getting ready for bed. Wanda caught sight of Y/N coming home. So she decided to quickly head outside.

"Y/N!" She called out causing Y/N to approach her.

"Wanda, hey." Y/N smiled at the married woman. "Are you ok?" Y/N asked her concerned.

"Yeah. I'm fine." Wanda told her. "I just wanted to talk to you about Tommy. He told me about practice."

"Wanda, I ran practice the way I deemed fit. The team couldn't even throw a single free throw." She told her. "But I can apologise to Tommy if I upset him. That's the last thing I want."

"No." Wanda shook her head. "That's ok. I was just concerned." The two soon gave their attention to Vision, who was just pulling into the drive. "I uh have to go." Wanda said as she pointed back to her husband.

"Of course. I'll see you at the barbecue?" Y/N said with a smile.

"You will." Wanda smiled as she turned away. Walking back into the house to warm up Vision's dinner. Being the dutiful wife. The only thing she knows. Y/N watched her leave with a smile on her face before she turned back inside of her own home.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

I know there isn't really much Y/N and Wanda moments but the bbq is the next chapter. Some more moments between the two. Maybe more tension. Please let me know what you think