S1 Ep3: Brewing Storms

Start from the beginning

They did this together for ages. Hank wasn't sure for how long, but it must've been a couple hours. There was just something inherently calming about it. Eventually, Sparks stopped giving him the ball, so he assumed they were done and wandered inside, Sparks in tow. Based off the light starting to dim in the windows, he assumed it was around dusk, which wasn't unusual this time of year as the sun set a little earlier.

Hank was finally able to put the bag of pokepuffs on his kitchen counter, promptly abandoning it. Seeing as he had some time to himself before bed, he indulged in lazing around to watch tv for about half an hour, before spending the rest of the afternoon practicing guitar. He went to bed feeling proud after accidentally figuring out a new chord, which was likely a minor based off the sound.

While staring at the roof as darkness closed around him, interrupted only by moonlight from the window, he felt something heavy climb into bed with him, laying across his legs. Finally, he let himself fall asleep, knowing Sparks hadn't gone missing all of a sudden.

————————————————————————

He woke up, but he wasn't in the same place he fell asleep. Instead of his room, he was in a padded cell. Pushing himself up against the hard mattress, he squinted a little against the overly bright room. There was nothing. No windows, no furniture, no Sparks. He surged out of bed, quickly checking under the metal frame to make sure he wasn't just missing them. But Sparks wasn't there either. After seeing the room at a new angle he noticed a door. He bee-lined for it, a sinking feeling in his chest. Where the hell was Sparks?

Hank tried looking through a small window in the door, but something metallic was blocking it. He punched the door in response. He promised Sparks they'd always have each other's backs, and he'd make damn sure he kept that promise. Looking around again he noticed a camera hiding in the corner of the room. Hank grabbed the sheets off the bed, throwing it up, and failing thrice before getting it to land over the camera.

With that out of the way, he returned to the door and, with no other plans in mind, he started ramming his shoulder into it, however the door held steady. After all his efforts, nothing had occurred other than knocking something out of place in his shoulder. He kicked it, before backing down, slumping to the floor in the centre of the room.

Only then, did he hear a quiet click from the door, before it opened, the hinges screeching against the movement.

"Are you done?" A man stood by the entrance, flanked by a Decidueye. He looked rather bored. Without answering, Hank brought himself to his feet, ready to beat the shit out of whoever he needed to in order to find Sparks. As he began charging forward, the Decidueye nocked an arrow using its wing, staring intently at his throat. Hank hesitated, unsure if he wanted to call their bluff.

"Sit down, Wimbleton." The man's tone became harsh, though he could still hear a form of boredom under the impatience. He stepped back, before doing as he said, holding back the impulse to charge anyway. The man gave his Decidueye a look, to which it lowered the arrow, though still kept it drawn.

"Do you know why you're here?" The question seemed outrageous to him. Of course he didn't know, if he did he would've showed up of his own doing.

"No." Hank stared at the man, holding back the urge to say anything else. They didn't seem at all surprised, leading him to wonder why he bothered asking in the first place.

"We are a covert organisation dedicated to stopping large-scale events which would cause devastation to the world as we know it. You were brought here as per one of our member's recommendations." Organisations? Apocalyptic level events? Who the fuck thought he'd be good for this?!