sketch 4: K

Sketch #4: K

Wednesdays had never been a great day for me – that is the day when I have my night lab; from 6pm till 9pm. In the beginning I’ve always thought that a whoever crisp, white lab coat would gain the prestige look and it is true, you hand a lab coat over to the bum with greasy hair and rotting teeth and BAM! He is now a doctor, show him your respect.

The lab coat novelty started to wane off after a while and as the pressure of the actual material sinks in – the truth is I have never finished all the procedures in the lab completely for any lab that I have done; when that is the case I make up answers. Such as the instance when I tripped right at beginning of the lab and thus successfully flinging all of my products onto the floor, my neighbor’s lab bench, my neighbor’s shoe.

The lab TAs were that much of a help either, the lady in charge there, I think her name might have been K, spend the majority of the time sitting on a stool with a look on her face like she just eaten shit and smelt shit. I don’t blame her: there are at least four lab sections which means she must have spend 4 days a week in this smelly, poisonous lab that each lasts three hours long. I don’t think she knows how to arrange her facial features into a smile. Seeing her just made me feel depressed and gloomy, and the more gloomy I get the more I hate labs, and the more I hate labs the more I screw up, and the more I screw up the more I make up nice numbers, and higher my marks are. Voila. 

That’s just how it works.