"Thought I'd say hi. I figured you'd be worried about Harry, Ron, and Hermione."

I nodded, practically melting into his arms.

"Mum, Dad, and Ginny are going into hiding." he told me. "Ron's cover has been blown, obviously. They're moving to Muriel's right now."

"At least you'll have more people to help you clean." I chuckled.

"Hopefully," he grinned down at me. "But I think you were her favorite. She keeps telling me that I don't scrub her floors as well as you did."

I couldn't help but giggle.

"Guess I am a good housewife after all." I shrugged.

Fred leaned down and planted a firm kiss on my lips.

"I missed you," he whispered.

"I missed you too," I replied, returning his kiss. "Want to go upstairs?"

"Will Sirius allow it?" Fred raised his eyebrows.

"He doesn't need to know..."I grinned mischievously, leading him up the stairs.

***

Fred Apparated back to Muriel's late that night. I longed to go with him, and the loneliness made my heart ache for hours after he had gone.

At breakfast the next morning, my mother noticed how gloomy I was.

"Everything alright, dear?" she asked as she cast a quick charm to warm up our food.

I just nodded, keeping my head down to avoid her concerned gaze.

Thankfully, the crack of Apparition distracted her.

I looked over to see Sirius already at the door. After a quick moment, Remus entered, looking pale but ecstatic.

"He's here!" he exclaimed. "It's a boy!"

We leapt up from our chairs.

"She had the baby?!" I gasped.

Remus nodded. "Teddy Remus Lupin, after Dora's father."

Sirius patted Remus on the back. Mum hurried into the kitchen, muttering something about wine, and emerged a minute later with full goblets.

"Ella, will you be godmother?" Remus asked me, taking the wine from my mother. "I'm going to ask Harry to be godfather."

"Really?!" I couldn't contain my exhilaration. "Of course I will!"

"Do you think he got your...?" Mum questioned hesitantly.

"He seems fine to us," Lupin said happily, emptying his goblet. "His hair is already changing color, though; turned from black to ginger. Andromeda says Tonks's hair started changing color the day that she was born."

"Same with Ella," Mum said. "Seems like another Metamorphmagus in the family."

My heart swelled at the thought of baby Teddy sharing my special ability. I knew my hair was glowing yellow with joy.

"Can I see him?" I asked eagerly.

"Dora's resting up," Lupin said. "You can come see him once she's ready for visitors."

After some more celebration and wine, Lupin said he really had to get back.

Sirius raised his goblet. "To Teddy!"

"To Teddy!" we cheered.

***

After days of anticipation, Tonks finally invited us over. My parents kept acting weird about it, but finally agreed to go.

When we got inside, Tonks was sitting on the couch, baby Teddy in her arms. She grinned when she saw me.

"Hey, Ella, want to hold him?" she asked.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded, and so I sat down next to her. Carefully, she put the baby in my arms.

"He's beautiful," I breathed.

Teddy had soft, pale skin. His blue eyes were wide and looking right at me. His mouth slowly turned up into a smile.

"Wanna see something cool?" I grinned at him, then turned my hair a bright teal.

Baby Teddy kept smiling, and I watched as his own hair turned a similar shade of teal.

"Did you see that?!" I exclaimed. "He changed his hair!"

"He's been doing that quite a bit," Tonks chuckled. "Seems to change his hair to the color of the person holding him."

"Well, let's have a go then," Sirius looked to Tonks for approval, then took baby Teddy out of my arms.

We waited patiently, but Teddy's hair remained the same.

"I reckon he doesn't like me," Sirius frowned, giving the baby back to Tonks.

"Always so dramatic," Mum sighed.

When everyone had a turn holding the baby, we gathered in the dining room for a celebratory lunch. Andromeda cooked a chicken and ham pie with boiled potatoes.

As we sat down, there was a large clatter coming from above.

"Excuse me," Andromeda said, quickly rising from the table and hurrying upstairs.

Moments later she returned, and we began the meal as if nothing had happened.

I could barely ignore my growing curiousity. What was Andromeda hiding?