Chapte 15 - Zhongli Story Quest Act II Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Oh yeah. Didn't you and Aether went to a date-" Aether quickly covered Paimon mouth and Paimon muffled in protest but stops when Aether and her notice two things

Faruzan blushing and the girls glaring at him.

"...Are you talking about the part where Aether escort her home after their adventure under the moonlight?" Rue asked.

"RUE!" Aether said horrified that Rue would reveal that.

"What? I'm just telling the truth." Rue said with shrugged.

"....escort...." Nilou and Ayaka eyes turned hollow.

"...home..." Keqing eyes narrowed.

"...Brother please explain to us..." Lumine asked with smile with scary aura surrounding her. Aether just flinched at this.

"GIRLS!" Rue shouted calling their attention.

"Please do not hurt Aether during the viewing." Rue scolded them and Aether felt safe.

"....Only after the viewing you can do what you want to him."

Aether heart sank and fear spike at those words.

The group arrived at mining area that Uncle Dai mention and Paimon looks around and was in awe.

"Whoa, this mine is huge..." Paimon said in awe

"This is where the incident occurred." Dai said as he pointed where the incident happened"Six days ago, a group of us left the site to attend to other matters. When we returned, the four men we'd left behind had vanished. I led a team around the entire mine but found no trace. That's when I decided to enlist help." Dai explained the situation to the group.

"Couldn't be better you reported this to the Millelith." Keqing asked Dai.

"I could but it would be kinda hard how to explain the situation to the Millelith not to mention Liyue lacks the man power that time." Dai gave his reason.

"So four miners have disappeared." Zhongli said with a frown and Dai nodded at him

"Yes. There were ten of us. We lost Long, Bold Cen, Brave Cen, and Mao. I worked with all of them." Dai said

"Workers in this trade are usually young men in the prime of their lives. Could it be that the four of them left for another mine?" Zhongli asked for more information

Dai shook his head and spoke "Unlikely. There's no other lodging for miles around, and we didn't pass any other mines on the way over."

"Huh... such a huge mine. Did you really manage to explore every corner?" Kun Jun asked.

"Underground, overground... we left no stone unturned. We tried everything short of digging further into the earth itself. How could four sturdy young men just vanish into the bedrock?" Dai explained to the group

"We'll need to explore the site ourselves before extracting any conclusions." Zhongli said.

"Very well, I'll wait here, please proceed wherever you'd like. If you come across any clues, let me know straight away." Dai said before walking away, leaving the group to investigate.

"Your good man Mr. Dai." Ganyu said with a smile.

"Indeed. Someone who cares for his employee will come in a long way." Zhongli said with a smile. Dai chuckles at this. Being praised the Geo Archon was achievement itself.

"So strange... how could the four of them just suddenly disappear...? Did they run away from something? Let's look around first and see if we can find any clues!" Paimon said.