Although this abrupt storm seemed dangerous, the undeniable outcome is already decided.

However, there was a saying: the mantis stalks the cicada, unaware of the oriole behind.

***

Inside the palace, Ye Mu was dutifully practicing her martial arts.

Meanwhile, Mo Linyuan had already disappeared. After the emperor fell ill, no one came to find him anymore. It was as if they had forgotten all about him. Mo Linyuan had also been very busy, often sneaking out of the palace.

Ye Mu knew that he was helping Ye Li rebel. When the Prime Minister fell, Prince Zhao had lost a lot of support. Furthermore, he had gotten wind that ‘Official Liu had reached an agreement with Ye Li for a covert operation’.

If anyone had a grand scheme and immense wealth under their sleeve, that would only be Ye Li who had the ancestor’s treasure in addition to the forbidden map of the Imperial army. Even if she didn’t make a move for his benefit, Prince Zhao would definitely still be beaten.

Thus, there was no suspense in this one-sided battle, and Ye Mu opted to leave it to him.

Immediately after her musings, a rock was thrown at her. She caught it reflexively and turned around to see Yan Xu sitting casually on the wall. Right now, he was the only one who was oblivious toward any unforeseen circumstances that might rise out of the blue. Ye Mu held the stone in her hand and chuckled humoredly, she then raised her eyebrows and teasingly said, “How low do you feel about your existence? Right now, all your brothers are on the verge of overturnin

g the lands under the sky, fighting for a measly seat. Yet you still have the leisure to come and play with me?”

Yan Xu’s expression was still as serious as before. No, it should be said that he was even graver than before. He was clearly only seventeen years old, but he had always held the mature character of a thirty-year-old man filled with troubles.

He jumped down from the wall and said in a deep voice, “Perhaps it is because I am not a threat. The three people who have the most troops in this battle is: My uncle, Prince Zhao, second brother and General Ye Li. Pitted against one, it’s already difficult, lest alone three—I’m not asking for a death sentence. Besides, who would be in the mood to care about someone as insignificant as me?”

Ye Mu threw away the stone and wiped the sweat off her forehead. “But those things don’t really matter, do they? It shouldn’t be that important, right?”

She raised her head and half-jokingly said with knowing eyes, “Who knows, maybe your second brother will listen to you?”

Yan Xu’s expression instantly changed, “Don’t speak nonsense.”

Ye Mu made a face, “What nonsense had I spoken of? The heavens know this, and the earth knows this!”

She walked closer and whispered, “Speaking of which, I’m very curious. Why would your second brother listen to you if he wants someone with an identity chock full of power and influence?”

Yan Xu looked at her face. He initially wanted to deny it, but seeing that she was confident, he frowned and asked after a long time, “How do you know all this?”

“I guessed it!” Ye Mu laughed mirthlessly. “Don’t you remember the last time when you asked your second brother to marry me? From the looks of it, he obediently agreed to your request. Isn’t it obvious? However, I suggest that you stop. Because this time, Ye Li has a higher chance of winning.”

She had said such outrageous words, so lightly and insensibly. As if the change of dynasty from an old to a new reign was just a normal occurrence.

After being silent for a long time, Yan Xu let out a cold snort.