Chapter 25

"so you're saying that we can move this thing forward now?" You ask your lawyer.

"yes, thankfully Ms.Kim has filled me in with all of the details, so all you have to do is show up on Monday." The woman smiles at you.

"that's great, i'll see you Monday then" You smile back. You pack your things into your brief case, and take a few papers given to you by her.

As your leaving the quiet café you all agreed to me at, you were bombarded with press.

You cover your face immediately with the case and rush pass them into the limo. Once Kim gets in and the drivers pull off, almost hitting the stubborn cameramen, you turn to Kim.

"how the hell did they find out i was here??" You ask.

She vigorously taps on her phone before pulling up a tweet reading "Just saw (Y/N) at XX café. I think she's talking to a lawyer☕️🫢"

"wow... unbelievable" I sigh. People are so nosy sometimes, and to leak your location is even worse.

"Ruben, take Kim home first" I speak up with an annoyed tone.

"why? you always go first?" Kim asks, looking over at you.

"i'm not going home yet, and your place is closer"

"i'll just go with you" She shrugs.

"i have to go alone, just go home and get some rest, kay?" I look over to her and she nods in defeat as we arrive to the entrance of her complex. "i'll see you later, love ya" She gets out and Ruben waits until she's inside to leave.

"where to?" He asks as he drives off.

"i need to stop at a few stores first, then Toji's place" He nods.

~45 minutes later~

You arrange a nice basket for Toji while you ride to his place. You bought, got a deck of cards, and grabbed a few old movies, and a bit of paint with a few canvases.

Your only motive was to make him feel better. Like he did for you.

Once you reach your destination, Ruben opens the door for you and helps you out of the car. You wave each other goodbye and walk up the wide stairs leading to his front door.

You knock but no one says anything. You knock again and ring the doorbell, still no answer. You walk toward the back of the large house and see a space in the fence you can get through.

You toss everything else over it before getting through, trying to avoid stepping on megumi's garden.

You sigh in relief one you get through, he better be home after all of this.

You walk in through the back door and head straight up the stairs, stopping at Megumi's room. He was laying on the bed, watching a movie on his television.

"psst" He almost jumps out of his skin when he hears you.

"oh my god, you scared me" His eyes were wide, you giggle to yourself.

"is your dad in his room?" You ask.

"no actually, he's in the theater" He says. He suddenly sits up with twinkling eyes. "is Ruben still here? can i go to your house?" He asks.

"you must like little penthouses... you're house has way more things to do in it" You tilt your head, trying to understand him.

"i like your decorations. it's comfortable there" He says while quickly packing a bag.

"well knock yourself out" you smile. "Ruben's int he driveway" you say before leaving his room. You head downstairs and walk through the long dim lit hall that led to his theater.