A slime's Agony

Then Veldora told Rimuru about it. He told him that the Eastern empire, Rudra would most likely do anything to win the game from the ruler of darkness, Guy Crimson. He told him about what'll happen if the fact that Veldora is making a country means he wants to join the game, that's why he refused it.

"That's why I can't help but worry at the fact you keep on naming monsters left and right. Eventually, we'll make a whole country. If you're going to do that, might as well make a very strong one to the point it's not normal." Veldora stated.

Velgrynd is madly in love with Rudra, Veldora knows that fact: that even her sister would force him to join her if she knows Veldora was freed. The worst-case scenario would be Velgrynd immobilizing Veldora so that Rudra can use his ultimate skill to control him.

For them, Two True Dragons is a ticket toward victory.

Rimuru holds Veldora's wrist with both hands. Not in a romantic or friendly way, but in a frantically defensive way. And there we have Veldora trying to force the core heart down into Rimuru's throat.

"THAT'S WHY EAT IT NOW! IT WILL GIVE YOU A SEMI-EVOLUTION!"

"HOLD UP NOW, DON'T FORCE ME. VELDORA!? OI! NO WAY I AM EATING THAT IN MY HUMAN FORM!!"

.
.
.

--- Please Standby ---

.
.
.

It end up like that after the slime said "I see now..." Whilst rubbing his chin.

But after an episode of a few banters, they calmed down and Rimuru accepted the offer.

『Predator!』

Thus the slime ate the Orc Disaster's Core heart.

But... Great Sage says something that caught the slime's attention.

«Report: Full analysis has been completed. The substance known as Dragon Factor has been detected. All Skills in the core heart have been successfully absorbed and integrated. Magicules inside the body are raising...»

«Inquiry: Would you like to begin Semi-Evolution? Y/N»

'This must be the Semi-Evolution Veldora talked about before... Surely this would make me Stronger.'

Rimuru thought to himself how much Veldora was willing to protect him. He felt kinda bad for being cold to him a few hours ago.

"Veldora..."

"Yeah?"

"Thanks."

Rimuru realized, that sometimes saying "Thank you" was actually better than "sorry".

As a matter of fact,

"...Heh, Don't mention it." Rimuru was able to sight the huge stupid closed eyes grin on his Dragon partner.

Thus, Rimuru picked the choice...

'Yes.'

.
.
.

Veldora catches Rimuru when he completely lost control over his transformation. He holds the darkened slime from his arms and placed it on the table.