38: Distance.

The second night of the trip didn't end up being as fun as the group had originally planned

The second night of the trip didn't end up being as fun as the group had originally planned. The boys hung out separately from Nabi and Bona who wanted to keep her best friend's company. The two girls drank and talked in a room that was once Nabi's and Mark's, though not for the second night. The girl with a butterfly name knew that maybe she was exaggerating the whole situation with Jiu, but everything that has been happening with her and Mark recently was a bit too much to take in. Dating a famous person in secret was hard on its own, and recent events didn't help at all.

Mark was being comforted by Johnny and Jeno who eventually believed the boy's good intentions towards his sister and his goodness itself. He was a guy who wouldn't go behind Nabi's back because he just wasn't like that, he was a good guy and most importantly - his love for Jeno's twin was sincere.

"We're leaving tomorrow and this trip turned to shit." Mark sighed while looking down at the beer bottle in front of him. He then looked around the beach that was right in front of his eyes. "Beaches seem to be cursed or something."

"What do you mean?" Johnny raised a brow.

"Last time I visited one was picking Nabi up after she broke up with Xiaojun." He scoffed. "And now, this shit happens."

The other two boys shared a glance at loss for words. The situation wasn't good and honestly, they didn't know how to help their friend. The oldest suddenly grabbed Mark's hand to catch his attention. "Look, I know this whole situation sucks, it really does, but we'll figure it out. You'll figure it out. Your company is already on it too."

The boy smiled softly for a second and nodded, appreciating his best friend's emotional support.

"I think I'm going to head to bed. I'm pretty beat." Jeno announced and Johnny followed with the same decision.

"I'll stay here for a bit longer."

"Will you be ok?" Johnny asked with a worried face.

Mark chuckled. "Yeah, dude, go on. I can see you're really tired already."
When the two left him alone, he looked around the beach once more and then up at the sky. He finished his beer in silence as he let his mind come up with a perfect plan. He really couldn't believe that Jiu had to come back and ruin his life that seemed pretty much perfect at that time. He finally made his dreams come true and found his soulmate who was too good to be true, and his ex had to ruin everything.

As he stood up to go and grab another beer, the door opened and Nabi came to sight. Both of them froze in place as if it was the first time they ever saw each other.

"Oh, I didn't know you were still here. I'll leave you alo-"

"No, I was um, I was going to bed anyways. You can stay."

She nodded, letting go of the door knob and reaching into her zipped hoodie's pocket. Mark was a little taken aback when he noticed her taking out a cigarette so he asked "Since when do you smoke?"