SabiGiyuu - Fatal Marriage (Angst and fluff)

Sabito and Giyuu's day in the life of being a married couple, while also fighting demons and surviving. One of the times Giyuu almost lost Sabito.

Authors pov

Sabito couldn't help but gloat to the other hashiras that were currently at the estate, I mean how couldn't he remind all of them what a wonderful wife he has.

"You know Sabito I have three wives.." Uzui stated.

"Ok? Giyuu is the love of my life and I've never been happier!"

"Ever since you started dating you've been being all mushy mushy.." Shinobu said slightly disgusted by all the feelings.

"Like I said! I'm the luckiest man alive!"

"We get it!" Sanemi yelled out frustrated

"Sabito it's time for dinner" Giyuu said as she walked into the room.

Sabito have the group a triumphant face and turned to Giyuu with a smile, getting up to follow his wife back to their estate.

"I swear one day he's going to get it" Uzui stated, the other two agreeing.

-

The two sat down for dinner comfortably at the table, with a hearty meal packed full of proteins and all of the food groups into lovely portions.

"Giyuu I can make all our food tomorrow..you've been working hard and on top of having to make dinner.."

"Thank you Sabito..I appreciate the concern but I'm fine"

Sabito noticed the eye bags under Giyuu's eyes and felt a pant to his chest. He hated seeing Giyuu like this, and she has always been too afraid to say anything or complain. He knows it's because of her anxiety but he wishes she would take care of herself more.

Suddenly Sabito's crow flew onto the tree branch just outside of the estate, repeating the destination of his next mission and what it was about.

"Demon spotted near the mountain on the far countryside! Emergency mission!"

Sabito finished his food and quickly started gathering his stuff. After he was about to leave when someone was pulling him back.

"Giyuu I have to go"

"I-I know! But it sounds dangerous and I can't lose you too Sabito!" Giyuu cried out.

Sabito hugged her tightly and comforted her, he hadn't seen her this vulnerable since the entrance exams for the demon slayer corps.

"Giyuu please tell what's wrong"

"I-I've been having this nightmare every night...where you u-um die.. from a demon"

Sabito kissed Giyuu's forehead lovingly before standing back up again.

"I'll be alright I promise Giyuu..." he said reassuringly.

Even if hesitant Giyuu nodded a yes and left for the other room. Sabito wanted to go after her but he had to tend to the emergency at hand, and with that he set off.

-

Almost two days have past since he took on that emergency mission, arriving he had gone into immediate battle and have been going at it since. He had a few long term injuries littered across his body and a slight limp in his leg from twisting it, his breathing was ragged and his chest hurt. He wanted nothing more than to be back home in  the arms of his loving Giyuu. He didn't know why the demon was so hard to beat, unsure of its status in the demon world. All he knew was that the demon only went after married women and kill the men of those women.