Come home, Please.

Start from the beginning

They all looked to each other before nodding. Miles queezed my shoulder a little in comfort. "We promise darling. We will protect both of you."

Jake smiled at his response, nodding his head at me before stepping back a bit. "When we leave tomorrow, I will have to call Neytiri and Ronal. Tell them what is happening."

"Sounds good. Make sure they get a mauri ready for the two of them, close to us if possible." Tonowari nodded, moving his hand from my face down to my hand.

I shook my head. "No, please, it's fine. We will make our home ourselves. There is no need to do anything for us."

Miles chuckled, sliding his arm around my shoulders, hugging me from the side. "Baby girl, you deserve anything you want. But I agree about the mauri. They can just stay in mine. I'm sure Spider wouldn't mind having a friend like Kaelen around." He smirked down at me. "And I wouldn't mind having a cuddle buddy."

"What the fuck did you just say?!"

We all snapped our eyes towards the growling voice. Kaelen stood there with Neteyam, drinking jugs in the hands. Kaelen was glaring at the three men around me, and only then did I realise just how close we were all standing.

I blushed as I moved from in between them, making my way to Kaelen. I grabbed the jugs from the boys, walking towards the fire.

"We should eat before it gets cold."

Kaelen walked to me, grabbing my hand. "What did he mean, 'cuddle buddy'? And what did they mean by a mauri?"

I sighed before looking at the men, looking for some help in explaining. But they just stood there, tonowari was standing with his arms crossed, Jake scratching the back of his neck, and Miles was smirking towards us, giving me a wink. 'Skxqwngs.' I glared before holding Kaelen's hand, pulling him towards our mauri.

We climbed the stairs and entered the sitting area. I sat down, pulling him down in front of me.

I grabbed both of his hands in mine, looking at our hands as he held mine tightly. "What's going on, mother? What did they mean?"

I sighed before looking him in the eyes.
"Kaelen, I think we should go with them. Back to Awa'atlu."

Kaelen's POV

I looked into her eyes. She seemed to be hesitant, waiting for my reaction.

I already knew about the talk she had with Tonowari, with me and Neteyam watching from behind some bushes. Yes, I know it's wrong to earsdrop, but she is my mother. I was ready to defend her against any of those males, even if it killed me. When I had seen her cry at his words, it hurt me. She had given up so much to save me, and I didn't even know about what really happened until Tonowari said that. She was innocent. But she chose to stay by me and leave her home, those kids, just for a Sky Demon's child. I honestly felt a little jealous that there were other children she loved, like her own. It's stupid, I know, but I just couldn't shake it.

As much as I loved our home, and it just being the two of us. It did get lonely. Then, when Neteyam came along, I finally felt like I had a real friend, a brother, even. So when I heard that they wanted us to go with them, I felt like this was our chance at a new life. With other na'vi to create bonds with. But when I saw Miles with his arm around her, and Tonowari holding her hand, I was pissed.
It was as clear as day as how they were reacting to my mother, don't get me wrong, my mother is probably one of the most beautiful na'vi women around, but seeing them already trying to make moves on her was just infuriating.

I sighed as I snapped back into reality, looking down at our hands. Hers were only slightly bigger than mine. Her four fingers stood out against my five fingers.