You Make Me Happy

Chloe knew how it was all changing with her and Draco. They were growing a whole lot closer. Since the ball, their feelings for each other had definitely changed.

Chloe knew she was worried that she and Draco wouldn't last. Especially if things went wrong. Or Lucius Malfoy decided to interfere and split them up.

She knew that it wasn't always going to be easy. But she knew that she wanted to try. She didn't want to give up so easily.

She knew that Noelle was on her side too. Which shocked her as she knew the Malfoy daughter wasn't friends with anyone. So she was thrilled that she had made a friend in the other blonde.

All she knew was that she was worried about things. And she didn't want it that way.

Morning came all too quickly for her. She rolled over in bed and sighed. She knew she had double potions and she wasn't in the mood to deal with it.

She looked up as Noelle walked in. She looked to her. "My brother is after you. All but forced me to come up here and get you."

Chloe climbed out of bed. Noelle sat on the bed and smiled. "You make him happy. It's weird. Seeing him with a smile," she said.

Chloe turned to her. She knew how the blonde Malfoy rarely smiled. And she was glad that she managed to get her to open up.

"Well he's an amazing person. Despite how your father can be," Chloe told her, hoping she hadn't offended Noelle by talking about Lucius.

Noelle shrugged. "My father... he's a jerk. He did things no father should have done. He's treated me like crap my entire life. Draco too. Which is why I'm glad he has you," she told her.

"He will always have me. You will too. If you'll let me."

"You're not that bad. For a Potter that is," Noelle joked as she looked to her.

***
Chloe smiled as she saw Draco. He walked over to her. "Hey. I did send my dimwitted sister up to fetch you."

"She did. We were just talking. She's not a bad person," Chloe said.

Draco nodded. He smiled. "She's been through a lot. But I'm not here talking about her. I wanted to take you on a date this weekend. Just me and you," he told her.

Chloe grinned. "I'd love that. Where would we go?" She asked.

"Leave that to me. I want to make this work. You've been my one bit of happiness in a while. And I want to make you happy. Like I am," Draco said.

Chloe looked to him. She pulled him close and kissed him. She didn't care who saw. "You make me happy already."

***
Chloe smiled as she sat down next to Noelle. Noelle looked to her. "You and my brother disgust me. I saw your display."

Chloe smiled. "I can't help it. He makes me happy. He wants to take me on a date. This weekend."

"He can't take you to Hogsmeade. My father is coming up to Hogsmeade. He can't put you at risk like that," Noelle said.

Chloe frowned. She didn't know why Draco wouldn't tell her that his father was coming up. "I thought your father was okay with me?"

Noelle sighed. "My mother is. She doesn't care about who we date. As long as they make us happy. My father, he's all about keeping the Malfoy line pure. I don't see it that way. But I'm sure he would," she told her.

Chloe nodded. She sighed as she saw Draco. She knew she loved him. But she didn't know if their relationship would last with Lucius Malfoy on the prowl.

***
Chloe walked over to Draco. She sat down with him. "Hey. I was thinking. Maybe we could have our date somewhere on the school grounds? It would be better as there's too many people in Hogsmeade. And I want you to myself," she told her.

In truth, Chloe wanted to see if Draco was trying to bring her to Lucius.

Draco smiled. He nodded. "Of course. I want to make you happy. So if staying here makes you happy, then so be it," he said.

Chloe nodded. She kissed his cheek. She stood up and walked over to Noelle. "I suggested we stay here for our date. And he said yeah. I don't think I have anything to worry about," she told her.

Noelle nodded. She smiled. "Good. I'd hate to have to curse off his family jewels for hurting you. Just be careful? I know my father. And he can be ruthless. I don't want you getting hurt," she said.

Chloe stood and watched as Draco was there laughing with Blaise. She saw how happy he was.

***
The next morning, Chloe walked into Defence Against The Dark Arts. She grinned as she saw Remus Lupin there. "You're back?" She asked.

Remus nodded. "I am. Professor Dumbledore decided to bring back someone who knows what they're doing," he told her.

Chloe smiled. She knew how Remus was as good as her father. He had been there for her. "Well it's good to see you," she told him as she sat down.

"You're looking happy. Does anyone have anything to do with that?" He asked.

Chloe shrugged and smiled. "It's early days. But I do know that I want it to work. Which is why no one will find out just yet."

Remus was about to speak when Draco walked in. He looked to Chloe and smiled. "Hey. You weren't at breakfast?" He asked.

"Yeah. I wasn't hungry. I felt a little sick. Don't worry though. I'll be at lunch," Chloe told him.

Remus looked between Chloe and Draco. He was beginning to guess that Draco Malfoy had caused the smile on her face.

***
Chloe was sitting in the library. Harry walked over to her. "I've seen the way you're close with the Malfoy brats. Mum and dad would be so disappointed in you," he told her.

Chloe rolled her eyes. She hated when Harry used their parents against her. She looked to him. "You don't like it that I'm not like you. And that I have people who want to be my friend. We can't all be friends with Weasley's and granger's. So leave me alone."

"Imagine being friends with the type of people who got mum and dad killed. You disgust me," he said as he turned and walked off.

Chloe sat there and sighed. She knew how her relationship with her brother wasn't the same. But had she really lost her brother over who she chose to be close with?