❝ DETERMINED ❞

Start from the beginning

a loud scream pulled you from your thoughts, you hid behind a nearby tree and tried to look for the cause of the sound. it felt like your heart had stopped beating when you saw lo'ak, tuk, kiri and spider in the hands of a group of na'vi; no these weren't na'vi they had guns, which could only mean they were human.

you'd heard about humans with na'vi bodies, but seeing them in real life was terrifying.

'I'm not letting them kill my friends.' you thought, not noticing the strong feeling of determination growing in your gut. the tree you hid behind was closest to tuk, so you climbed onto a branch that was directly above the avatar that was holding her.

'my legs better not fail me now..' you positioned yourself on the branch so you'd be able to swing down and hopefully grab tuk. you picked a fruit from the tree and decided you'd smash it in the avatar's face so they'd let go of tuk.

'3..2...1!' you swung down and using all of your arm strength, smashed the fruit directly in the avatar's face successfully making them let go of the youngest sully. you grabbed up tuk by the waist and sat upright on the tree branch.

however, you had no time to rest, as countless bullets were fired at you and tuk. you tightened your grip around tuk and jumped off the tree, running away as fast as you could. once the gunfire ceased, you took cover behind a bush and tried to catch your breath.

you looked at tuk's petrified face, tears streaming down her cheeks, "hey, hey! its okay its just me," you used her thumb to wipe away her tears. "n-nyga..lu fìtsan..tstue" you tried your hardest to comfort her in a familiar language, but you both knew you weren't that advanced yet.

tuk let out a quiet giggle at your poor attempt, "I think you meant, nga lu fìtxan tstew" you chuckled sheepishly, promising to never try to speak a full sentence in na'vi again.

"stay here, if neteyam was doing his normal look-out route, assuming he is coming with your parents, they should fly past here in...around 8 minutes." you stood up and dusted yourself off, failing to notice the deep bullet wound in your bicep.

"wait! your arm-"

you cut tuk off not processing what she was trying to point out, "don't worry, I'm going back for your siblings, but do not move. your parents will be here soon"

°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。

you hid behind a tree trunk, looking at the scene in front of you. one of the avatars was standing in front of lo'ak, you were too far away to hear what they were saying but you could tell that the conversation didn't seem too friendly. you felt your body tense as you saw a sharp knife pointed to lo'ak's neck, you frantically looked around trying to find anything that could you help with the current situation. you picked up a nearby rock and threw it with all your might, and to your surprise, it knocked the knife straight from the avatar's hand.

however this time you weren't able to get away.

a muscular blue hand tightly grabbed your left arm and roughly pulled you towards them.

the 'leader' avatar turned to you and let out a dry chuckle, "who have we got here?" he made a signal to the avatar holding you , making them kick the back of your legs, knocking you to the ground.

"aren't you an interesting one? you look like a human yet you've got no mask.." using one hand, he gripped your face, turning it side to side as he examined it.

"quaritch! let go of her!" lo'ak shouted, tugging his hands away roughly to try and free himself.

quaritch payed no mind to lo'ak's struggle and knelt down in front of you. "now you could be a good little girl and come with us, or you might lose one of your little friends."