Chapter Seventeen ; Backlash (2023)

Start from the beginning

After that, Austin Theory defended the United States Championship against Bobby Lashley and Bronson Reed in a triple threat match. In the climax, Lashley performed his spear on Reed but Theory threw Lashley out of the ring and pinned Reed to retain the championship.

Next, Sphinx defended the SmackDown Women's Championship against Zelina Vega, who got the hometown treatment due to being of Puerto Rican descent. Sphinx dominated Vega and targeted Vega's back throughout the match. Vega fought back, performing a 619 and diving meteora on Sphinx, but Sphinx kicked out. In the climax, Sphinx pinned Vega with her finisher to retain the championship.

After the match, Sphinx quickly left the ring while Vega got a standing ovation from the Puerto Rico crowd.

The fifth match was between two Puerto Ricans, where Damian Priest faced rapper Bad Bunny in a San Juan Street Fight. Both Bunny and Priest fought each other with a variety of weapons and also into the crowd, where Priest performed the Broken Arrow on Bunny from an elevated surface and carried Bunny to the ringside area.

Priest attempted to perform a corkscrew spinning heel kick on Bunny but Bunny dodged, resulting in Priest's leg colliding with the ring post and getting injured.

Bunny started targeting Priest's injured leg but Priest's Judgment Day teammates, Dominik Mysterio and Finn Bálor, arrived and started attacking Bunny.

Former WWE Puerto Rican wrestler Carlito made a surprise return (his first appearance since the February 1, 2021, episode of Raw) and drove Bálor and Dominik out of the ring. Another former Puerto Rican WWE wrestler, Savio Vega, also made his return (his first appearance since the 2020 Survivor Series), followed by the LWO (Rey Mysterio, Santos Escobar, Cruz Del Toro, and Joaquin Wilde) and they drove Bálor and Dominik out from ringside.

In the ring, after fighting some more, Bunny performed the Bunny Destroyer on Priest and pinned him to win the match. Afterwards, Bunny celebrated with the LWO, Carlito, and Vega.

In the penultimate match, The Bloodline (Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, and Solo Sikoa) faced Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, and Matt Riddle in a six-man tag-team match. During the match, Sikoa mistakenly caught his partner Jey by his throat for the Samoan Spike, but stopped his attack.

In the climax, Riddle, who was unaware that Sikoa was the legal man, performed the Bro Derek on Jey but as he went for the pin, Sikoa entered the ring and performed the Samoan Spike on Riddle and pinned him to get the win for The Bloodline.

In the main event, Cody Rhodes faced Brock Lesnar, however, before the match could begin, Rhodes attacked Lesnar at ringside with a steel chair, the steel steps, and the mantelpiece of the announce table.

After both entered the ring, the match officially started, however, Lesnar began delivering numerous German Suplexes to Rhodes.

With Rhodes pinned in the corner, Brock went for an attack but Rhodes dodged and sent Lesnar into the exposed steel turnbuckle, cutting him open severely. Rhodes was able to capitalize and deliver a series of cutters followed by two Cross Rhodes for a nearfall. In attempting a third Cross Rhodes, Lesnar reversed into an F-5 for a nearfall.

In the final moments, Lesnar applied the Kimura Lock only for Rhodes to leverage Lesnar into a pin to gain the victory.

instagram

5,306,930 likessafiya Te amo mucho 🤎View all 11,170 comments

5,306,930 likes
safiya Te amo mucho 🤎
View all 11,170 comments

5,306,930 likessafiya Te amo mucho 🤎View all 11,170 comments

2,111,567 likessafiya A new era for @visagecosmetics View all 5,785 comments

2,111,567 likes
safiya A new era for @visagecosmetics
View all 5,785 comments

articles

Google search: Is Sphinx joining the Bloodline

4 Signs that Sphinx is set to join The Bloodline

ANOA'I FAMILY MEMBER DISCUSSES SPHINX POTENTIALLY JOINING THE BLOODLINE

How WWE can make Sphinx join the Bloodline

Sphinx expresses interest in joining The Bloodline

Roman Reigns' relationship with Sphinx may lead to her joining the bloodline

Roman Reigns will acknowledge Sphinx at the upcoming WWE Raw

Is the bloodline ready for Sphinx

Is Sphinx the tribal chieftess

WWE might have found the perfect way to add Sphinx to The Bloodline

The new direction that WWE is taking with Sphinx includes The Bloodline

Sphinx would be the perfect fit for the bloodline