Chapter V: Bidding Night

Začít od začátku

"Ms. Alcantara," I called her with a low voice. I feel like it's illegal to ask her for help, but I can't really finish it. Reuben can't help because I made him attend the meetings on my behalf.

Lumapit sya, but he didn't ask anything and just grab the thing I wanted her to hold.

"Gan'to?" Tanong nya. I just nodded at lumapit sakanya. She just blankly stared at the part I was installing. We were just an inch apart from one another but I can feel the huge distance between us.

I tried to brush off my frustrations and proceeded with my work when someone suddenly entered the place.

"I didn't know such place exist Mr. Morgan."

Pareho kaming napalingon ni Rowena.

"Sir," she called him. Napatayo naman ako.

"Don't you have any other hands to help you? I can send somebody else. Ms. Alcantara might ask for a salary increase for that," he joked, but it wasn't funny. When he noticed that I didn't bother laughing he scoughed.

"I'm good Mr. Terazono, Kaya ko, I just happen to hurt myself so I asked your staff to help me," I told him.

"May I?" He said at nilapitan si Rowena.

"Ako na Sir, what are you even doing here. You're scheduled to attend a meeting at three pm-"

"Yeah but I am the boss-"

Before Mr. Terazono can even finish she already let the part go. She even grabbed the power tool from me and gave it to him.

"Tuloy mo Sir, Mr. Morgan is gonna have his lunch first," she said. Pinangunutan ko s'ya ng nuo.

"Go on, I know how to install this. How about you? Have you had your lunch?" Tanong nito kay Rowena kaya nilingon ko si Rowena.

"Busog pa Sir-"

"It wouldn't be a shame to eat alone. Ms. Alcantara you should eat too," I just blurted out of nowhere.

"Go, this is easy. Kumain ka narin Ms. Alcantara-"

"Busog pa-"

"For every piece of rice that you'll waste right now ibabawas ko sa sweldo-"

She already left us and grabbed her food and she ate where she placed the chair a while ago. While I ate at the counter. She was stuffing her mouth too much that she almost choke, I immediately got up to grab the bottled waters on my table when someone already got one first and walk straight to her.

"Careful. You were that hungry for money. Unbelievable."

Suminghal nalang ako at kinuha yung isa saka tinapos ang pagkain ko. While I continued working I hear them talking about business and that he followed her here because she's not answering his calls about business matter. Then suddenly my phone rang so I answered it immediately.

"Negative Sir. The only information I got was another Morgan tried na paimbistigahan ang nangyare however wala ding napala. It was Sir Falco. He was secretly trying to find her years ago," Reuben told me.

"Fine," I said before hanging the call. I just can't stop thinking about it.

The next morning I went to the office first bago dumeretso sa Sta. Maria. I hadn't seen Reuben around since morning. Then I realized he filed a day leave last week and it was today so I attended all the meetings myself. Mabuti at dito ako dumeretso because I already almost forgot about it and he didn't even bothered to remind me yesterday or even just a single headsup.