Who do you want?

Magsimula sa umpisa

"What were you up to?" Aldon asked, eyes narrowing suspiciously at his brother's hands.

"Helping." He replied simply, like that was all the information needed.

I swallowed down all my questions, but was unable to pull my eyes away from him. Searching for traces of blood as he strode past me. He didn't smell like blood, but he smelled cold, like winter. The only one who smelled like metal and person was my eldest brother leaning back against the wall.

"Are you going to tell us what happened?" Fia finally asked, her eyes narrowing suspiciously before her mask slid back into place.

"Lena was right about those two." Killian's voice was rough, his lycan still too close to the surface, "They admitted it after some coaxing. So Az and I were taking them off to be dealt with when we stumbled upon Knox."

Said male stiffened, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"He suggested some ideas for what we could do without killing them." Killian's eyes slowly turned back to emerald, his voice smoothening, "They were made an example. Now Rasten won't get on our case about hanging knights from the walls and anyone else who thinks they can start messing with the females will see them..."

"What exactly did you do to them?" Fia asked, her fake smile dim in comparison to the excitement lighting up her eyes.

Lycans were very quick to anger and violence. Our beasts lurking behind a human facade ready to burst to the forefront whenever possible. When there is a perceived slight or threat against us or those we love, rational thought no longer applies. There is only the rage that burns through us. Revenge is something all lycan are familiar with, something every last one of us will end up craving at some point in our lives.

This mostly extends to mates and family. When Aslin was kidnapped a few months ago my brother stopped at nothing to get her back. The male who took her had been a father figure to him, but that didn't stop him from tearing him apart to get to his mate. I suppose Killian feels something similar, the need to protect what he believes is his. This kingdom and the people in it.

"Ripped out their fingernails," The black was back, my brother reveling in the memories of the pain he had caused to those he viewed as threats, "Branded them as what they really are. That was Knox's idea."

Aldon smirked, glancing over at his brother, "That is a similar punishment to what we have in our country. Those who have forced themselves on others are branded by the one they hurt."

"How do you know the victims aren't lying?" Again I spoke without thinking, memories of my father snarling that I was lying about being touched making me forget who I was with.

"We have thread seers." Izaak replied, his lips pursed together while the other males watched me too closely. "They can read the threads that bind people together. Sometimes they can even see what happened to make a thread a certain color. If the moment was significant enough."

Fia saved me from the stares, "Killian why haven't you gotten cleaned up yet?"

"Maeve," Aldon called for me, embarrassment heating my skin, "So do you mind having both Izaak and I as your mates?"

And here I had thought I managed to escape this conversation. The eyes fell upon me once more. Except for Knox who was studying the snow that began to gently settle on the ground below. I couldn't say yes. Could I?

No.

Even if I was fine with being with more than one male it wouldn't be right. Not when every dream I've had since they arrived had featured a certain broody male. Not when my body craved to see what his skin looked against mine. To feel him against me. At least that's what dream me wants.