CHAPTER 7: Did that really just happen?

Start from the beginning

"Rini, I'm sorry. You weren't supposed to see this. And smacking me, that just made it worse and made me angry. You should know better than that, you stupid cow." I can feel blood dripping out of my nose. I run out of the house as fast as I can, hearing Travis yell to me asking if I can see what I've made him do.

All I can think about is getting out of there. I speed down the street, I have to get back to Jamie, as soon as possible! How could Travis even do this to me....I can't believe it, but the blood dripping down my face tells me how wrong I was about him. I just can't be anywhere near him! Rain is coming down heavily, but I'm so close to home, I don't worry about it. I pull my phone out and dial Jamie's number. It rings a couple times and he finally answers and immediately starts interrogating me about where I am, and what's wrong. I breathe a sigh of relief and open my mouth to assure him I'm on the way back when I feel the car start sliding around. I drop the phone and scream as I see a truck coming straight at me. The last thing I remember is hearing the crunch of metal and breaking glass, and a voice calling out to me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
JAMIE'S POV:

"Sir, wake up, Serenity has left." Rafe shook me until I woke up.

"What? Where did she go?" I asked, groggily.

"I'm not sure sir, she told me she had to clear her head."

I felt like such an idiot. I didn't want to scare her away, I decided to come back and take things slow so she can see she's the only one I could ever love. I had to make sure that I could provide for her, protect her...and now I can. Spending last night and today with her was amazing. At first, I was so jealous of her boyfriend. Seeing her for the first time in four years, made it worth it though.

I was thinking about calling her, I didn't want to end tonight like this, with her running away again. The Imperial March broke into my thoughts. I picked up, didn't even say hello, just started apologizing, hoping she listens.

"Rini, where are you? When are you coming home? I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have rushed you like that. I love you, but if I'm just a friend to you, I will make it work! Please, come back home so we can talk about this."

I heard a sigh on the other end. Did I convince her? After that I heard a screech, a scream, and the sound of metal crushing.

"SERENITY!? SERENITY, CAN YOU HEAR ME? ARE YOU OK, WHAT HAPPENED? ANSWER ME DAMMIT!" She didn't answer.

"Rafe, we have to go. I'm not sure exactly where, but Rini was in an accident, I think she is in trouble."

We got in the car and drove looking for her. It didn't take long, she was on her street, just seconds away from being home. It scared me, seeing the mess that was her car. The twisted metal didn't resemble a car anymore. I ran to it, hoping she wasn't too badly hurt, but I was greeted with the most terrifying sight imaginable, I will probably have nightmares starring this scene. The window was cracked with blood dripping down it, she was hanging upside down because of the way her car flipped. She was so pale, she looked like she might already be dead. I went to open the door, but a large hand gripping my upper arm stopped me.

"Sir, you can't move her yet, the paramedics are almost here and they need to do it to make sure she isn't injured or injure her worse." Rafe tried reasoning. But I was like a crazy man on a mission, I had to get her out, I wouldn't stop until she was removed from the car.

"If you value your life and your job, you'll unhand me, and help me get her out." I demanded.

He hesitated, just long enough for the ambulance to get there...lucky son of a bitch, I won't fire him, just this time.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
RINI'S POV:

Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow. That's all I can think as I come to. I was in a lot of pain, each second I was awake, I became more aware of all the pain. This must be what Bella felt like when she was turned. I thought to myself. Ok, it's slightly possible I might be under the influence of pain killers...just slightly. My eyes wouldn't open yet, I kept trying and trying, but they stayed closed.